cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
poodles5
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

quick clean not cleaning

I had to re install, from my account on line, hard drive failure. After re installing I ran quick clean and it told me I had 28 files it could not clean. What does this mean? My install was clean from my account-nothing else on pc to conflict- updates are current -poodles5

3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Re: quick clean not cleaning

Most likely they were temp files...some of which are quite often not immediately deletable because they in still in use by other processes.  They should eventually be deletable.

tyomni
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Not for tis case, just asking, is it possible  Mcafee find such virus that it couldn't remove at alll, even after it is found and system is restarted?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

Thread was answered 2 months ago & I would assume no longer needed.   It is always possible that any anti-malware software couldn't remove something, in which case it would tell you that.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community