cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newjack
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

pop ups!

I also am now getting the mcafee pop ups.Can anyone tell me about fixing this,if i`m even seen here.I have been haveing a bunch of problems and no one is answering my questions.I am starting to wonder if my posts are making it to the forums.The reason i said that is i origanally had a problem logging in with IE8 all of a sudden.Can somebody just say hi so i know i am properly on the forums.  thanks

5 Replies
newjack
Former Member
Message 2 of 6

Re: pop ups!

Mcafee pop ups.Sorrry for the delay.Was working

yodaisgreat
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Hmmm...... It seems that you might have a trojan that infecting your computer with these pop-ups. Have you tried running a scan to check for any harmful viruses or trojans on your computer? I've had problems with pop-ups before, and all my problems were linked to Trojans on my computer.

newjack
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

I have run plenty of scans with mcafee.I ran malwareantibytes which found 1 registrey item.But i have not found anything.I was having some other issues i thought were wierd.All of a sudden my visual tracer does`nt work.I could`nt log into the community forums with IE8.It kept saying invalid password,but i could log in with firefox?1 other thing was a outbound windows media player event while i was shut down?I am not sure because i am no computer expert.I have not seen the pop up today.So could just be paranoid.But rather be paranoid then sorry latter.lol thanks for reply

kmrahul1
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Can you get a screenshot of error message and post it, or please contact us on technical support chat.

newjack
Former Member
Message 6 of 6

I have not seen it for the last few days & i don`t believe it was a google search.I will post if i see it again. thanks

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community