Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newjack
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

pop up Questions & visual tracer again

Jump to solution

Hi,I was also having pop up issues after the update the other day.I already had site advisor installed so not sure if this is legit.Also I recieved a pop up for Mcafee can anyone tell me if they are legit.The problem is that when i don`t choose anything i can`t X out of the page.Also does anyone know what the real story with visual tracer is for Mcafee 9.I heard they discontinued this portion 3 times it has stopped working.Today it is working again???

Here are the pop ups for Mcafee please let me know if they are good.It seems strange to already have things in working order and recieve 2 differant pop ups for items i did`nt need.I certainly don`t need a renewal since i have a long term plain.

Thanks Jack

Capture 1.PNG

Capture 2.PNG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

Re: pop up Questions & visual tracer again

Jump to solution

You should be able to click to the right of the icon and bring up Options and if you uncheck Secure Search there then "Save".  It should then be disabled.

Just close and reopen the browser and it should work like it used to.

If not then contact Tech Support Chat.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Do you get your software from Dell?   If so then that 1st one is normal and it's up to you to renew or not.  Shop around for price comparisons.

The second one is also normal, however you may not wish your searches to be so secure, in which case uncheck that option and click Finish.  (Click Finish either way to get rid of the pop-up).

Visual Trace is discontinued in SecurityCenter 10 which Dell has but hasn't released yet, or so I believe.  It has always been temperamental so going up and down isn't surprising.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 10/06/10 5:25:08 EDT PM
newjack
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Jump to solution

Thanks EX-brit, I just find it odd.All of the thing i metioned are strange.I know we have talked about the visual tracer before.I remember that you also liked this feature.Just odd that it works for a week or so then it`s down and repeats that cycle.As far as the site advisor i already had it up and running this is why i don`t understand what that was about.As far as the subscription through dell?This is a fairly new computer.Which came with Mcafee and an extended plan was offered and paid for.So this won`t be running out in over 2 more years.???? But thanks for the insight as always.

greatly appreciated Jack

1 last thing,I went through the motions again & now i have site advisor as an enabled add on under seach engines (secure search)?

I never had this before.I had the box checked to prevent changes to my default browser.After i reset site advisor i now have 2 seach engines enabled.

I can`t disable secure search because then site advisor won`t work.Do you know a way to fix this?I like the search engine i use and did`nt have problems until the update.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

You should be able to click to the right of the icon and bring up Options and if you uncheck Secure Search there then "Save".  It should then be disabled.

Just close and reopen the browser and it should work like it used to.

If not then contact Tech Support Chat.

newjack
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Jump to solution

Thanks Ex-brit,

That was a winner.Still don`t understand what happened with the pop ups.Everything is working as it was before the update.

Enjoy the weekend

Jack

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

All the best, thanks.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community