cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miguelgrado
Contributor III
Message 1 of 12

new version of mcafee 12.1

reinstall of my account and now after several problems seems to work but I can not see in about date and version of dat .now i see engine version 1378 and date of creation...is  this new?

El mensaje fue editado por: miguelgrado on 17/12/12 3:17:54 CST

El mensaje fue editado por: miguelgrado on 17/12/12 5:43:23 CST
Forospyware Warrior
11 Replies
karthiks
Former Member
Message 2 of 12

Re: new version of mcafee 12.1

Hi miguelgrado,

You will not see the DAT version in the new MFE 12.1 version, you have to check the Engine Version and last update to spot if you are running a current update or not.

12.1.JPG

miguelgrado
Contributor III
Message 3 of 12

thanks.

finally the interface is better but it consumes more memory ram and

the Mcafee icon looks slightly odd ,automatically until it displays correctly when login window appears with mcafee log and I do not understand because it no shows the version of Dat

El mensaje fue editado por: miguelgrado on 17/12/12 15:26:41 CST

El mensaje fue editado por: miguelgrado on 17/12/12 15:28:20 CST

El mensaje fue editado por: miguelgrado on 17/12/12 15:28:52 CST
Forospyware Warrior
tom26
Former Member
Message 4 of 12

I got a 3 year subscription of mcafee antivirus plus from hcl but i find that it is the 11.6 version.Is there any way to upgrade it  to the 12.1 version?Are the two versions very much different from each other?

Security centre:

Version:11.6

Build:11.6.443

Affid:678-11

Language:en-au

Mcafee virus scan: vs 15.6

Site advisor: vs 3.5

Firewall: vs 12.6

Message was edited by: tom26 on 1/1/13 6:32:40 PM CST
miguelgrado
Contributor III
Message 5 of 12

the interface is better

And it has some new features but for the time being has important judgments on all memory ram consumption.if i could i would go back to the 11.6 .to install the 12.1 you must uninstall(used control panel first and  later it uses  mcpr ) and then reinstalled from your account

El mensaje fue editado por: miguelgrado on 1/01/13 19:42:08 CST
Forospyware Warrior
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 12

tom26 wrote:

I got a 3 year subscription of mcafee antivirus plus from hcl but i find that it is the 11.6 version.Is there any way to upgrade it  to the 12.1 version?Are the two versions very much different from each other?

Security centre:

Version:11.6

Build:11.6.443

Affid:678-11

Language:en-au

Mcafee virus scan: vs 15.6

Site advisor: vs 3.5

Firewall: vs 12.6

Message was edited by: tom26 on 1/1/13 6:32:40 PM CST

Everyone will get 12.1 soon unless they are obtaining the software from 3rd parties in which case at best it may be delayed while those 3rd parties 'test' it and at the worst, the 3rd party supplier may choose not to pass it on, however that is highly unlikely.  McAfee has no control over that..

The memory usage seems to vary widely between customers, even between us Moderators, and McAfee are aware of it.   Fixes are being implemented all the time.     If it's of major concern start a case with Technical Support.  It''s free after all.

sena
Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Today I installed on 2 computers, both running Windows XP SP3, the product Total Protection 2013, bought on a retail store but installed via WEB as recommended and got S.Center 12.1 on one computer with the new user interface and the 11.6 version on the other keeping the older UI.

Any idea to get 12.1 on both?

Thank you

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 12

The last I heard was that it was being held back for XP systems.   I do have 12.1 Beta on my XP SP3 VM and it works fine.  See here for the beta:  https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-1236

I can't promise it'll still be available there for XP but worth a try.   If you go that route make sure you fully uninstall everything first.

Peacekeeper
Message 9 of 12

It depends on the server you used was it the same for both? US Au Uk and Ca only ones to get 12.1. Check the affids for both are they the same? (in security centre "about" details.).

You could retry the 11.6 Pc ie uninstall and reinstall and see igf it comes this time. That or wait it will update soon we hope.

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS101331

stanisluv
Contributor III
Message 10 of 12

They have smth like "sync time". Server should know that 1 PC was updated & only then the update will be deployed on another one. So it`s normal-few hs between updates for 2 PCs. Even if that PCs in 1 room. Just wait.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community