cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hopeless1
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

my latest dat is 6280 (on 3/9/11) mcafee can't/won't update further

I am using virus scan McAfee AntiVirus plus 2011   it has updated to  14.5.130 . I have not been able to update since March 9, 2011.  So I ran Virtual Technician.

VT report:  Dat not up to date.   Dat and Engine:  1 dat Engine Update   Dat: expected 6281   existing 6280   VT could not update it and neither can I.

windows XP service pack 3    date and time appear correct

Please don't ask me to uninstall.   I recently (at end of January 2011) bought a disk and installed  2011 from that disk.  

edit to add:  mcafee attemps to update automatically and keeps saying that the dat is up to date....(since march 9 to just now).

Message was edited by: hopeless1 on 3/11/11 10:48:35 AM GMT-05:00
4 Replies
JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 2 of 5

my latest dat is 6280 (on 3/9/11) mcafee can't/won't update further

Hi,

Thanks for intimating us, I believe you will get the latest DAT Version by doing a manual update now. So, Kindly Let us know the status once after doing a manual update.

markiebeau
Contributor III
Message 3 of 5

Re: my latest dat is 6280 (on 3/9/11) mcafee can't/won't update further

Sometimes I won't get a DAT update for the day, the run MVT and it says everything up to date, even though the DAT site there is an update. Then I'll just  manually update at the page that is listed somewhere here at McAfee communities. (forget where the page is)

Oh, here is the link: http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security-updates/security-updates.aspx?region=us

Message was edited by: markiebeau on 3/11/11 4:01:51 PM CST
hopeless1
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

to Jai Prakash  I had been trying manually every day since 3/9/1. Neither manual or automatic worked. 

But Not to worry...just now when I reinstated the site advisor BHO ( which I had disabled because of my Verizon Email compose and reply problem) and opened McAfee, I saw that the dat was downloading ~ when I looked at it was 6281. (I'm not saying the BHO enabling helped)

Now I see the next one in line is 6282 released today. Will be interested to see if it comes through automatically. Will wait it out without requesting it manually at least 36 hours.

hopeless1
Former Member
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for reply...I don't feel so all alone now. The automatic updater tried several times today to download 6281 and each time it stopped short of installation, and said I was up to date. I had just about given up and was feeling helpless.

I looked at your link and now 6282 has been released today.  I hope it gets added sooner than 6281 did.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community