Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryanm353
Former Member
Message 31 of 40

Re: mfehidk.sys Problem!!!?

Hi,

I am honestly starting to think its my laptop...it crashed there now by itself and i had MSE installed...

Im bringing it back tomorrow to get a refund as i do think its the laptop...

Sorry for all the hassle ive caused....

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 32 of 40

Hey don't apologise, that's what we are here for.  I just wish I could put my finger on what it is that is causing this..

ryanm353
Former Member
Message 33 of 40

Yeah me too..

Anyways im going to get a new laptop as the one i currently have no must have a fault somewhere...

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 34 of 40

Well good luck.

secured2k
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 35 of 40

I looked at your crash dump and it does look to be a flaw in compatibility with the code analysis driver and some other hardware driver on your computer. Chances are it is a Toshiba unique driver. Official tech support from either McAfee or Toshiba (or both) will need to look into this and preferably get a full kernel memory space dump. This is probably beyond the work here on these forums.

ryanm353
Former Member
Message 36 of 40

Thanks for the information....

So how can i tell them this>?

can u please tell them?

secured2k
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 37 of 40

Since your problem is unique to your computer (most likely the Toshiba drivers) you would need to contact McAfee support directly and get information from them. A link for McAfee Tech Support is below. I would suggest to contact Toshiba support about their drivers, but I doubt anyone you could reach would actually get you to the right department as this is a program development issue.

http://service.mcafee.com/TechSupportHome.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS

Just let tech support know it's a brand new Toshiba Laptop with Windows 7 64-bit right from the store and a fresh new copy of McAfee. You will know you are getting somewhere when they request the crash dump or provide instructions to adjust your crash dump settings to dump the entire kernel memory space and upload it to them.

ryanm353
Former Member
Message 38 of 40

I contacted them and i explained it all and they said to contact Microsoft because its a problem with windows 7.

How can this be as mcafee says its compatible with w7 and microsoft says mcafee is compatible with win7?

Im really confused now... im getting no where....

secured2k
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 39 of 40

For the time being I can only recommend that you uninstall McAfee. There is another post here where the user was able to get an official response indicating there was a problem with McAfee and Windows 7 64-bit. I doubt this is the case as there are not enough reports of McAfee failing on Win7 x64. It's more likely a problem with a specific driver or application that is installed on a few manufacturers' systems.

I wish I could help more, but I have no test system that can reproduce the error and that is what the engineers need - a full kernel space crash dump with driver verifier on and watching the trouble driver for more information.

The other post with a similar issue to yours is here: http://community.mcafee.com/thread/22022

Message was edited by: Mark (secured2k) on 2/17/10 5:22:15 PM EST
ryanm353
Former Member
Message 40 of 40

Yes i see that...

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community