Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xxrachiexx
Former Member
Message 1 of 16

mcafee total protection 2017

Jump to solution

i was wondering if someone could help me

im having trouble with mcafee total protection 2017 and it not loading on my computer, its scanning but i cant load the start screen of it

is there anything i can do to make it load

thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 15 of 16

Re: mcafee total protection 2017

Jump to solution

Alright!   I am glad that all is okay!

Could you kindly mark this as Helpful and Correctly answered please? So it will help others whom may experience such in the future, moving forward.

All the Best

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

View solution in original post

15 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 16

Jump to solution

Successfully moved from Other McAfee Consumer Products to General Discussion  > Discussions

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 16

Jump to solution

I would assume by you saying  ( scanning ) you meant it is attempting to load the software? In any case did you have any pre-existing Security software installed before attempting to install McAfee Total Protection? If that is indeed the case,please go to your Control Panel/Programs and Features and remove/Restart.

If needed use the Vendor's individual Product removal Tooll/Restart.

Then follow the same Steps/Procedure to install you McAfee software. Run the McAfee MCPR   Tool to remove any remnants left over/Restart. Then of course go to your account and Download and install.

Let us know if you were successful please.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
xxrachiexx
Former Member
Message 4 of 16

Jump to solution

i can do a scan

this is all that happens when i try clicking it from the home screen and nothing happens after that screen goes off

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 16

Jump to solution

Sometimes simply rebooting the machine helps.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
xxrachiexx
Former Member
Message 6 of 16

Jump to solution

already tried that and it still doesnt load ive also tried uninstalling and reinstalling it too and it still doesnt load

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 16

Jump to solution

Before contacting Technical Support https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/contact

Try running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free)      and restart and see if it works.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
xxrachiexx
Former Member
Message 8 of 16

Jump to solution

downloading the malwarebytes anti malware now

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 16

Jump to solution

If that does not work,I suggest contacting Technical Support. By Phone the Quickest/Online Chat second best. I assume you are current and up to date with all of your Windows Updates/Add Ons. Also you have the correct Internet time?

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
xxrachiexx
Former Member
Message 10 of 16

Jump to solution

i think i might have to contact tech support because mcafee still isnt loading and ive run the malwarebytes anti malware

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community