Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tom33
Former Member
Message 1 of 12

full scan help

Jump to solution

Hi     I have Mcafee  livesafe  internet security when trying to run a full scan I get undefined can anyone please tell me how to fix this? I have windows 10 home 64bit my subscription to mcafee livesafe  internet security is good till 8/14 2016. thank you for any help on this

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tom33
Former Member
Message 11 of 12

Re: full scan help

Jump to solution

Hi

thank you everyone for your help. I had McAfee support chat come on to my computer to fix it for me.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 12

Jump to solution

Moved to Consumer > General Discussion > Discussions

You might try running the McAfee Virtual Technician  http://mvt.mcafee.com/ and see if it finds any issues. It sounds as if somehow your installation has become corrupt? May I ask if you obtained Windows 10 via an 'Upgrade', or is your system a new one? For if you upgraded, it is recommended to uninstall your McAfee before doing so.

At any rate if MVT does not resolve your issue, you can do a clean uninstall/reinstall by following these Guidelines/Instructions: How to uninstall or re-install supported McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal tool

If you feel uncomfortable doing so yourself, you can always contact Technical Support 24/7. Via Phone/Online Chat being the quicker method :  Services and Support for Home and Office  I assume you are current and up to date with your Windows Updates/Add-ons as well.

Hope this helps,

All the Best,

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
tom33
Former Member
Message 3 of 12

Jump to solution

Hi Catdaddy

its  a new HP desktop computer that come with windows 10 home 64bit  thank you for your help I will do the steps you have giving me

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 12

Jump to solution

You are quite welcome   Good Luck, Let us know how things go.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 12

Jump to solution

I might add also, make certain no other Security Applications are installed and running in 'Real Time'. For it will cause Conflicts/Clashes with McAfee. Your McAfee installer should disable 'Windows Defender' as it contains Anti-Virus capabilities.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 12

Jump to solution

Also, avoid any registry cleaners as they can cause this sort of thing.  If you've already used one, see if it has an undo or restore button

tom33
Former Member
Message 7 of 12

Jump to solution

Hi  Catdaddy

sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I do have in my windows 10 home 64bit systray its called malware protection live. do not now if it came with my new HP desktop computer windows 10 home 64bit. or if it came with a program the I installed or not. I have been trying to disable it. but cannot find a way to do it. thank you

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 12

Jump to solution

Malware Protection Live if that is the name, is malware.  Best uninstall instructions are from a post I found at Seven Forums:  "Malware Protection Live" Suddenly Installed Yesterday- How to Remove? Solved - Windows 7 Help Forum...

OK you have Windows 10 ,but the principle is the same.

See if that helps.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 12

Jump to solution

Hi ,

Colleague Ex_Brit is quite correct. You evidently inadvertently installed some malware disguised as some sort of protection. If it would make things easier, the two programs that are recommended to use in order to remove this application can be found here in one location.

I would first run Malwarebytes (Free). To keep it ( Free ) DO NOT enable or activate the Trial Version . You can keep this program on your Computer as a excellent On Demand Scanner, simply update it each time you use it.

Then I would follow up by running AdwCleaner. These two Programs should remove the application which is causing you issues. Please let us know how things turn out. If you need further assistance, we will do the best we can to help you resolve your issues.

All the Best

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 12

Jump to solution

You may find these two articles most informative, it could give you a better insight as to how that program got on your system:

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community