Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fjk
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

firewall turns off and no internet connection

Jump to solution

I have a problem similar to the one posted at  ,  I have U Verse with the ATT internet security suite powered by McAfee.  A few days ago the desktop on my home network would not connect to the internet and I have been getting error messages that the McAfee firewall was off.  I turned the firewall back on and it promptly turns off again.  I tried following the instructions in the other post on this and I could not get virtual technician to work without the internet connection.  Only my desktop is affected, all other devices work.  I am running windows 7. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fjk
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Re: firewall turns off and no internet connection

Jump to solution

good suggestions but it turns out my computer was not infected. no harm in checking and i bookmarked the sites for the tools you referred to.  there is a problem with a recent mcafee upgrade.  i did a chat with a mcafee technician after running the scans and he suggested deleting mcafee and reloading it.  that worked.  everything is good now.  thanks for the suggestions.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Check in services.msc via the run command that the windows firewall service is started and automatic.

Then if not that do a scan with the following especially getsusp and malwarebytes the free version.

McAfee Communities: Anti-Spyware, Malware & Hijacker Tools

then call support and if no help post your SR job number here

fjk
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

good suggestions but it turns out my computer was not infected. no harm in checking and i bookmarked the sites for the tools you referred to.  there is a problem with a recent mcafee upgrade.  i did a chat with a mcafee technician after running the scans and he suggested deleting mcafee and reloading it.  that worked.  everything is good now.  thanks for the suggestions.  

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community