cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user_107819
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

dear mcafee, could you just please stop nagging me about updating your software and rebooting. i have work to do. this computer has been unboxed 2 days ago, couldn't you just have upgraded it before i got all these other software up and running?

dear mcafee, could you just please stop nagging me about updating your software and rebooting. i have work to do. this computer has been unboxed 2 days ago, couldn't you just have upgraded it before i got all these other software up and running?

5 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: dear mcafee, could you just please stop nagging me about updating your software and rebooting. i have work to do. this computer has been unboxed 2 days ago, couldn't you just have upgraded it before i got all these other software up and running?

Updates can occur at any time so there's not much you can do, but if it's asking for a reboot I would do that as you probably wont be fully protected until you do that.

You can turn off some alerts by opening the software and clicking Navigation > General Settings and Alerts, but if an update requires a reboot it will nag you until you do that for your own safety.

If it persists afterwards, post a picture of it.

SafeBoot
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 6

Re: dear mcafee, could you just please stop nagging me about updating your software and rebooting. i have work to do. this computer has been unboxed 2 days ago, couldn't you just have upgraded it before i got all these other software up and running?

In the last two days we discovered about 300,000 new viruses -

"dear user, to keep you protected, and to prevent you complaining that you caught a virus despite having our software installed - please update your McAfee software and reboot?"

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

Thanks for that info.  I haven't seen that here but maybe it came in before I shut down last night.

SafeBoot
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 6

Our average is 150,000 new variants a day. Thats why keeping up with the updates is so critical.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

Yes, a lot of people don't realize that.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community