cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhetman
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

data breach again

For the second time in 4 months my banking information has been stolen and my account emptied, I use the total security running very strict settings, I use vpn on my pc but it doesn't work on my android phone so what steps can I take to further my security I have removed all passwords and account numbers, cancelled online banking, had my computers scanned by three different companies with no worm holes found. I have used Mcafee for over 10 years but now in the past few months it seems to stop nothing, are there updates not being downloaded, can support contact me on further steps as chat cuts in and out, I am 60 and can't afford buying something that clearly isn't working to it's advertised potential.

1 Reply
GaneshR
Message 2 of 2

Re: data breach again

Hi @dhetman 

We regret for the inconvenience!

As online security threats grow, it's important to know if cybercriminals have stolen your personal information. Information traded and sold on the dark web often includes stolen passwords, email addresses, phone numbers, and other types of personal information 
Kindly refer the below article for details.

What to do if your data is stolen in an identity breach

Alternatively, You can always contact the chat support using below link for immediate assistance.

McAfee Support

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community