cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vicki
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

constant virus scan installation

for the past three days, instead of the daily updates, mcafee has been installing virus scan. this is taking about 2 hours. it's happened for the last three days at the same time. i am concerned because it hasn't happened before. i am no longer getting the updates(which takes about 5 min. daily). is this cause for concern? why would they have to constantly install virus scan? it says i am protected and my computer seems to be running ok. is this normal? it started doing this 3 days ago. any help would be appreciated. thank you.

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 3

Re: constant virus scan installation

Run McAfee Virtual Technician this should fix the problem

Dinz
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Re: constant virus scan installation

Hi,
During an application update, the McAfee update icon is displayed in the System Tray. If the animated icon does not disappear after a few minutes, the update may have stopped responding.
Manually stop the updates and restart the computer

Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to open the Windows Task Manager.
Click Task Manager.
Click the Processes tab, then right-click mcupdui.exe and select End Process.
Click Yes in the warning dialog box.
Close Task Manager.
Restart your computer.
The update session will restart after your computer restarts. The animated update icon will appear in the system tray while the updates install.

Let me know if you have any issue on this .

Regards,
Dinesh K
Mcafee Online community moderator

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community