cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
forum
Contributor III
Message 1 of 2

cannot access mcafee unless do restart and then icon appears and can access

For the last two days I noticed when clicking on mcafee icon on lower task bar no mcafee appears and there is no icon in notification area (w10 22h2, mcafee total protection).  I researched and found that mcafee recommends restarting and this makes icon appear in notification area and I can access the app.  But this means each time I want to access mcafee in each new computer session starting from cold I have to do a restart which seems very wrong.   Is there a correction for this upcoming in an update?  Is there something I can do to correct this problem besides having to close everything and restart to be able to access the app?  Thank you

1 Reply
Nagesh_G
Message 2 of 2

Re: cannot access mcafee unless do restart and then icon appears and can access

Hi @forum ,

We regret for the inconvenience, kindly perform the windows updates and kindly reinstall the Mcafee to the latest version and perform the Mcafee update will help to resolve the issue.

Regards
Nagesh G

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community