cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomica
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Wo werden "isolierte potentiell unerwünschte Programme" gespeichert?

Jump to solution

Ich benutze McAfee AntiVirusPlus auf einem Vista SP2 PC.

Kann mit jemand bitte sagen, wo "isolierte potentiell unerwünschte Programme" gespeichert werden? Wenn ich unter Navigation in "Isolierte und vertrauenswürdige Elemente" "isolierte potentiell unerwünschte Programme" runterklappe, dauert es oft eineEwigkeit bis das Rad aufhört zu drehen und die Liste aufgestellt ist.

Für Hinweise vielen Dank im Voraus.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 5

Re: Wo werden "isolierte potentiell unerwünschte Programme" gespeichert?

Jump to solution

Sorry I speak no German but you can maybe use a translator.

You can delete the contents of the Quarantine Folders in another way.  

You have to enable viewing of hidden files and folders within Windows Explorer under Tools/Folder Options/View (Windows Explorer is any internal page such as Documents or Computer).

First you have to turn off Access Protection in SecurityCenter.

Double-click the taskbar icon to open SecurityCenter

Click Navigation

Click General Settings and Alerts

Click Access Protection

Uncheck it and click Apply and close SecurityCenter

In XP the pathway to the Quarantined files within Windows itself is:C:Documents & Settings/AllUsers/ApplicationData/McAfee/Virusscan/Quarantine

In Vista and Windows 7:C:\ProgramData\McAfee\VirusScan\Quarantine

Only delete the contents of the folder and not the folder itself.

To delete all at once simply go to Edit > Select All then simultaneously click Shift and Delete on your keyboard.

By clicking Shift that not only deletes them but bypasses the Recycle Bin so saves a step.

Don't forget to re-enable Access Protection.

You can stop the Quarantine folder getting so large by turning off cookie detection in VirusScan's general settings if you wish.

Click Virus and Spyware Protection

Click Real-Time Scanning

Click Settings

Uncheck Tracking Cookies

Click Apply.

(Tracking cookies are how sites remember you so are usually totallyharmless).

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hallo Tomica,

Wenn eine Datei in Quarantäne ist, ist der Inhalt der Datei neutralisiert, so dass es Ursachen nie schaden auf Ihren PC. Aber wenn Sie wollen immer noch haben sie gelöscht. Bitte gehen Sie auf C: \ Programme \ McAfee \ Virus Scan \ Quarantine und löschen Sie den Inhalt der von dort aus.

Grüße

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Sorry I speak no German but you can maybe use a translator.

You can delete the contents of the Quarantine Folders in another way.  

You have to enable viewing of hidden files and folders within Windows Explorer under Tools/Folder Options/View (Windows Explorer is any internal page such as Documents or Computer).

First you have to turn off Access Protection in SecurityCenter.

Double-click the taskbar icon to open SecurityCenter

Click Navigation

Click General Settings and Alerts

Click Access Protection

Uncheck it and click Apply and close SecurityCenter

In XP the pathway to the Quarantined files within Windows itself is:C:Documents & Settings/AllUsers/ApplicationData/McAfee/Virusscan/Quarantine

In Vista and Windows 7:C:\ProgramData\McAfee\VirusScan\Quarantine

Only delete the contents of the folder and not the folder itself.

To delete all at once simply go to Edit > Select All then simultaneously click Shift and Delete on your keyboard.

By clicking Shift that not only deletes them but bypasses the Recycle Bin so saves a step.

Don't forget to re-enable Access Protection.

You can stop the Quarantine folder getting so large by turning off cookie detection in VirusScan's general settings if you wish.

Click Virus and Spyware Protection

Click Real-Time Scanning

Click Settings

Uncheck Tracking Cookies

Click Apply.

(Tracking cookies are how sites remember you so are usually totallyharmless).

tomica
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

Many thanks it was a great help. I could see that my quarantine folder had amassed 1536 items, no wonder it was taking so long!

I thought Ihad posted on the German site?! I'm English, but live and work in Germany, so myPCs have the German versions of nearly all software. From 1982-1993 I workedfor CIBC and from 1996-1998 for Royal Bank of Canadain Germany, and was in Toronto quite a fewtimes. Both have long since closed their operations here.

Best regards

Tomica

Best regards

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

LOL.   Support may be German speaking locally but here in N. America it's mainly English, although I was surprised to see the German post above from Jai.  (Unless of course he used a translator - apologies if you did not Jai 😉 

Anyway, glad you are OK now.    They are working on that problem of the user interface folder 'drawers' jamming up when there are a lot of entries.

All the best.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community