cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Squachbass
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Windows core

Is there already or when will there be support against windows core?? If not mcaffe is useless.. all tho I will say after making new rules for in an out traffic in defender to stop my own files from being inherited by a hacker running windows core.. practically took ownership over my entire laptop.. mcaffe is now showing my c drive as windows core  in my network.. once I did this to stop the work around.. mcaffe control of the firewall held for one day.. until it was hammered by 699 malice tries to connect as I watched at about 2300 events the laptop froze and was totally compromised.. SYK we have no data plan or internet the attacks came from a hidden network being broadcast from inside my own house by this Android.. I have pics also pics of an intrusion on 12/8 from windows event logs were the Android connected thru Bluetooth crashed the laptop restarted then installed 39 new apps an drivers the last two being some phonebook app an modem to Bluetooth link then made phone calls thru Bluetooth linked phone were I’m guessing windows core  came from and the infestation an take over came from ?? Now I’m totally lost  on what to do?! 

3 Replies
Help_Everyone
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Windows core

Most of these kind of attacks are due to windows which is not up to date or a backdoor which is created. Windows should patch it's poor system software. 

Squachbass
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Obviously I’m not going to get any help here, so I’ll just update what I’ve found, using a tool found on windows community help merit exe, I’ve successfully removed the remote admin hack and uncovered some info and .Json files with valuable intel. And some cybermedia facial log in .dat files that had been installed during the breach. My laptop came with cybermedia power media pre installed so theses .dat files were easy to overlook an ftr mcaffee was unable to detect or protect my cpu or my sons as I’ve found theses same .dat files on his system that does not have the software, basically that’s how they were discovered. Also In theses .json files is the open local port they were using even tho I had firewall locked down. It does show upon inspection a local open network connection. I’ve tried to close this with no luck, this is a major security risk that I find mcaffe to blame.. I’ve decided nothing in my system is worth the risk of saving so currently totally formatting the drive for a factory install after wich I’ll be buying a next cyber security software to try an protect us

Squachbass
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

One more thing I forgot to add.. the hackers have been and are using Skype to run hacks as I’ve found numerous information on my system on such an No I’ve have never used Skype or even accepted the terms an conditions at start up. So if you use Skype I would look into what  vulnerabilities as I can tell you there are some.. I’ll gladly share the .json files to show and prove it to anyone who wants to know

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community