cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
broprog
Former Member
Message 1 of 10

Windows Update to win 8.1 from win 8 kept "pausing" after mcafee unstalled software ran and rebooted

Windows Update to win 8.1 from win 8 kept "pausing" after mcafee unstalled software ran.

Hi my update keeps pausing saying i need to uninstall mcafee software which I already did by doing in Control Panels and then downloading the mcafee exe file to do it.

Rebooted and all and ran to same "pause" on restarted Update to win 8.1 process.

Please advice

9 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 10

Re: Windows Update to win 8.1 from win 8 kept "pausing" after mcafee unstalled software ran and rebooted

You should at least disable the antivirus Real-Time Scanning during any kind of major system upgrade, but preferably you should uninstall McAfee altogether until the upgrade is complete and then reinstall.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 09/12/13 1:17:59 EST PM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 10

Re: Windows Update to win 8.1 from win 8 kept "pausing" after mcafee unstalled software ran and rebooted

Moved to General Discussion.

broprog
Former Member
Message 4 of 10

@Ex_Brit, doesn't help what u just said.  Pls reread my description.

Anybody with common sense solution would be appreciated.

I really dislike Mcafee for this, its a sneak install from Adobe Flash update.  Now mcafee is causing more trouble than before.

Message was edited by: broprog on 12/9/13 1:23:04 PM EST

Message was edited by: broprog on 12/9/13 1:26:46 PM EST
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 10

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are saying. That original line "Windows Update to win 8.1 from win 8 kept "pausing" after mcafee unstalled software ran." mean nothing to me. 

However that sneak install you mention is easily dealt with  - look for McAfee Security Scan Plus in Control Panel > Programs and uninstall it and then next time you are installing or updating any software stay alert for 3rd party add-ons that you could opt out of.  It is merely a sales tool and has no value.

broprog
Former Member
Message 6 of 10

as stated before, i uninstalled the "mcafee sneak install" through the same way you wrote yourself.  That didn't help.  I downloaded a mcafee exe file that was described in forum to work in "really and actually" uninstall "mcafee sneak" software.   That didn't work as stated before, and with common sense, thats when i posted my QUES here.

Actual and common sense help would be appreciated.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 10

If you'd talk in plain language it would help.  There is no such thing as McAfee sneak software..it has a name, what is it?

If you don't like what I am saying contact Technical Support, it's free by phone or online chat and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

I am still none the wiser as to what you were trying to do in your first post other than perhaps upgrading Win 8 to Win 8.1 and something got in the way., hence my original answer.

broprog
Former Member
Message 8 of 10

I really should file a complaint to the Better Business Bureau on this matter.  Thanks

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 10

I tried to help you with what I could understand from what you posted.   I still have no idea really what it was you wanted.  File a complaint about that and add the fact that you never really explained exactly what it was was we were supposed to help you with.  I doubt they'll even open a case.

Besides, like all forums, this is primarily a peer-to-peer help, actual Technical Support is elsewhere, as I already pointed out.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 09/12/13 2:40:52 EST PM
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 10

"Geeeeeeesh Louise"!!!! 

I guess "bropog" neglected to see on the "Adobe Download Center Page" that at least they have listed such programs as a "Optional Offer"  In that case, he would assume that " Google Chrome" is (Sneak) software as well. If you click on this link below, you will visually observe what I am conveying.....

http://www.adobe.com/go/getflash

Just trying to give a "Common Sense" explanation....to something he should have "Noticed" in the first place !!

I would (advise) him to pay closer attention in the future...not (Advice) him...Sorry, just couldn,t help myself.

Like I said ....You Moderators have "Way More" patience than I do.

Take a "Deep Breath" and "Keep up the Good Work" Ex_Brit.

Regards,

CatDaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community