cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
calsatch
Former Member
Message 1 of 15

Windows Action Centre shows errors

Dell laptop running Windows 7. W.A.C. Indicates McAffee is not running , and Windows defender is not running,McAffee Security Centre says it is running. How can I correct this error?

14 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 15

Re: Windows Action Centre shows errors

This is a known issue from time to time. Try restarting and see if you get the same results.

I might add that it is a Microsoft issue, opposed to being McAfee Related.

Regards

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
calsatch
Former Member
Message 3 of 15

They don't know the answer! Microsoft that is. I've restarted many times, and it stays the same. Thanks

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 15

Moved to Consumer >General Discussion >Discussions

By Moderator

Catdaddy

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 15

You may try opening services.msc, and scroll down to 'Security Center' disable, apply and then open back up and enable 'Automatic' Then Windows Action Center should recognize.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 6 of 15

Usually this happens only for the first 5 minutes then It clears up is this the case? Also what version of McAfee are you running 13.6 or 14.0? If it is in the 1st 5 minutes only and Mcafee is green ignore it.

As CD mentioned we see this on and off at 1 stage it was happening all the time but not not any time for me at this time.

calsatch
Former Member
Message 7 of 15

Actually McAffee installed it a couple of days ago due to another problem, so I'm not sure, I'd guess the latest version.

MIcrosoft thought installing Avast would cure it! That's level 2.

Peacekeeper
Message 8 of 15

Interesting comment "installing Avast" when AC says windows defender off as well and that is not a mcafee program.

Check the about box bottom right of the Mcafee Security Centre for version.

calsatch
Former Member
Message 9 of 15

Thanks for the comments, the original error on McAffee was the Real Time Scanning went on auto snooze and could not be reset, (perhaps you can advise me about that too) anyway as the installation of AVAST (by Microsoft Level 2 help)  cured the problem with the Action Centre, and the subsequent uninstallation brought it back, I thought it might be prudent to reinstall McAffee, and went to them to get help ,well MVT was ran and discovered the new version loaded by them is full of errors and when MVT did auto correct the auto snooze also came back. Looks like the version 14 loaded by McAffee is not a up to scratch. Not happy!

So will be contacting Tech Assistance AGAIN. However Microsoft don't seem to know the cure and one feels they should. I am subscribed to them so I don't know if they have level 3 help? anyway McAffee was installing updates and now Real Time Scanning has stopped snoozing...I suggested the Services .msc route but don't think they took that on board. ( What is Services .msc) what are we doing if we try that, thanks everybody.

Peacekeeper
Message 10 of 15

Auto snooze never seen that before what do you mean? When you removed McAfee did you uninstall via windows followed by MCPR removal too? Also with avast you need to use their own removal tool before reinstalling McAfee as well as windows removal is not the best.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community