Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stray-cat
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Windows 8 to 8.1

Dear Peter,

I've read several of your threads advising people to uninstall McAfee before updating from Windows 8 to 8.1 because of possible corruption of the software. I updated the other week without any problems but kept McAfee activated on my computer, how would I know if anything had been corrupted or not?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Stray-Cat.

3 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 4

Re: Windows 8 to 8.1

Well the advice is only as a precaution and is the same advice - at least disable it - we give to anyone upgrading anything or installing service packs for instance.   In your case it was OK, and as long as SecurityCenter shows 'green' and says it is protecting, then you are fine.

stray-cat
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Had I read your threads before my update I would have taken your advice and disabled McAfee. I guess I was lucky this time that all went well and is working fine, I'll know for the next time though to be on the safe side. Thanks for your help and have a good day, Stray-Cat.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

You're welcome 😉

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community