cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ianal
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

Windows 7 Gadgets not working after uninstall

I recently uninstalled McAfee anti-virus from my laptop PC. Immediately afterwards my Windows 7 Gadgets stopped working. Examples include the Clock and CPU Meter.

I only get black boxes or boxes with small graphics inside where they fail to start up properly.

I have tried switching the Gadget off and back on again by going to Control Panel/Programs and clicking on "Turn Windows features off and on". I reboot after switching off and then again after swicthing back on.

However, it doesn't have any effect and I can't seem to find any way to fix this problem.

Can anyone help ?

Any suggestion would be most welcome.

6 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 7

Re: Windows 7 Gadgets not working after uninstall

You rebooted afterwards?    Try uninstalling those gadgets then reinstalling them.   I can only assume that McAfee didn't like parts of them and decided to take bits with it when it left although I've never experienced that myself in either 7 or Vista.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 7

cyberhick
Former Member
Message 4 of 7

I have the same issues. Tried uninstalling and it did not work. 

Message was edited by: cyberhick on 1/6/13 9:38:50 AM CST
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 7

Well if nothing above helps and they have full permission in Firewall > Internet Connections for Programs, then I suggest calling Technical Support, it's free and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.  Or use the online chat, also free.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 06/01/13 12:10:30 EST PM
cyberhick
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

I found the MCPR tool used it and it worked. This worked for Windows 7 64 bit.

Cheers,

D.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 7

That's good.  All the best.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community