Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thecreator
Contributor II
Message 1 of 44

Windows 10 Being Released on July 29, 2015

Hi All,

Windows 10 is being released on July 29, 2015 according to article today at USA Today.

Windows 10 to arrive July 29

Internet Explorer is not part of the Release.

43 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 44

Re: Windows 10 Being Released on July 29, 2015

IE is being replaced by "Edge".   I'll reserve judgement until I see it.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 44

This just appeared on my desktop..and anyone who is up to date with Windows Update will now see the Windows 10 logo in their taskbar, and clicking it results in the attached (click to enlarge)

(Only applies to those with Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8 and 8.1)

Capture.JPG

thecreator
Contributor II
Message 4 of 44

Hi Ex_Brit and All,

Question: Before Windows 10 gets downloaded and installed, should we remove McAfee, since the drivers presently installed are for Windows 7 64-Bit had Internet Explorer and Windows 10 64-Bit Upgrade, will lack Internet Explorer?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 44

You should at least disable it, however I think it best to completely remove and then reinstall afterwards.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 44

I multi-boot 2 x Win 7 SP1 (the 2nd one has beta McAfee on it) and Win 8.1 Pro w/MC patch 1 included.  I've been offered the upgrade on all of them but am, for now at least, going to accept only on my 2nd Win 7 and maybe my Win 8.1 when it's offered.

I have concerns about 3 things mainly:

1. Will my email client (Incredimail 2.5 Premium) be compatible (have asked them, no response thus far) as I have a huge amount of stored emails and it's not easy to transfer them to other EM clients, and

2. Will my Windows Fax & Scan work plus

3. Will Windows Media Center work,

Both of which I use extensively.

wixey
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 44

I've seen no sign of this icon in the toolbar so far. As far as I can tell I'm up to date with Updates, other than a couple of "optional" ones - do I need to install these in order to see the icon?

I don't want to upgrade to 10 at present, just wondering why I hadn't received any notifications.

thecreator
Contributor II
Message 8 of 44

Ex_Brit wrote:

I multi-boot 2 x Win 7 SP1 (the 2nd one has beta McAfee on it) and Win 8.1 Pro w/MC patch 1 included.  I've been offered the upgrade on all of them but am, for now at least, going to accept only on my 2nd Win 7 and maybe my Win 8.1 when it's offered.

I have concerns about 3 things mainly:

1. Will my email client (Incredimail 2.5 Premium) be compatible (have asked them, no response thus far) as I have a huge amount of stored emails and it's not easy to transfer them to other EM clients, and

2. Will my Windows Fax & Scan work plus

3. Will Windows Media Center work,

Both of which I use extensively.

Hi Ex_Brit,

1. No Idea.
  2. I think they will be part of Windows 10.
  3. - No. Windows Media Center I read, has been cut from Windows 10.

Details: Windows 10 upgrades: Microsoft gives with one hand and takes with the other

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 44

Yes, not sure which are THE ones you need though.  An online search may furnish that information.

Windows Update on my machine now looks like this:

Capture.JPG

thecreator
Contributor II
Message 10 of 44

wixey wrote:

I've seen no sign of this icon in the toolbar so far. As far as I can tell I'm up to date with Updates, other than a couple of "optional" ones - do I need to install these in order to see the icon?

I don't want to upgrade to 10 at present, just wondering why I hadn't received any notifications.

Hi wixey,

You need to make sure that you have installed all Windows Updates Hotfixes and optional Updates. I hope you use Acronis or Casper Imaging Software so if you don't like Windows 10, you can go back. This is why, having a Large Hard Drive partitioned, you can install multiple operating system and have the best of both worlds. Use 10 to Surf the Internet and Use 7 for your Games and TV / Video Viewing.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community