cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
topjim123
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Win7, Cannot (permanently) disable RealTime Scan, and cannot rotate images with RTS enabled

Really starting to hate this McAfee Virus tool.  And just started using it, never had a problem with AVG Free. 

From other forums, have deduced that you cannot rotate images when Real Time Scanning is enabled (they are deleted instead, yeah!).  Disabling RTS corrects the problem.  You think a newbie like me finds this out, McAfee, HELLO?!

Second major bug.

I turn RTS off, "Never" to resume.  After I switch users or reboot, RTS is re-enabled.  WTF?

2 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

Re: Win7, Cannot (permanently) disable RealTime Scan, and cannot rotate images with RTS enabled

Hi topjim,

Functions in the 2011 McAfee VirusScan actually caused the files inside these four default Libraries (Documents /My music)to become hidden, making it difficult to find them in the Windows Explorer after you edit and save them.  Since the problem was found to be a conflict with virus scan , our research team worked real hard to get a patch released and now its in throttling , so it should reach you out soon through a McAfee update .

Till then , please use the tool here to enable the hidden files . http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS101228

Regards,

svanvleet
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Re: Win7, Cannot (permanently) disable RealTime Scan, and cannot rotate images with RTS enabled

I followed the instructions above, but have not tried rotating a picture yet.

However, how do I find the pictures that were already rotated and are now hidden?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community