cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahetland
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Why does McAfee hog all my resources at times?

Almost took a sledge hammer to my laptop a few times then realized McAfee is causing all the frustration. This software will completely take over my computer and make it useless. Dell laptop, I7, SSD, Windows 10. What do I need? An I7000 pentium quadruple core from the future? Would that be enough power to run all this awesomeness? McAfee won't even let me post in the right forum.

Tags (2)
2 Replies
wecsg99
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Why does McAfee hog all my resources at times?

Hey there,

I have the exact same issue. In fact I believe I have the same set-up (Dell Inspirion, I7, 7000 series, Windows 10).  Here's a screen shot form my resource monitor. This thing is completely aprehending control of my laptop and hardrive is working double-time. For what it is worth, I bought my wife the exact same system except hers is an I5 (couldn't allow her to have a better laptop).  The only difference is she is using a different end-point scanner and....she doesn't have this problem.  If I can't get it fixed on my system - McAfee will have one less customer. 

resource monitor.PNG

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 3

Re: Why does McAfee hog all my resources at times?

Hi @ahetland @wecsg99

Please specify whether a scan was running in the background? Also we would like to narrow down which resource is being used - CPU, Memory or Disk

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community