cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 21 of 29

Re: Why do all of my printed email contain the header "X-MSK: Ham" and how do I remove it?

It is active in security centre as it is available to filter spams in other email clients. IE if you have outlook and disable it it will still install and filter emails in windows mail if you use it as well.

I still feel is is the non working option of Hide email headers in outlook 2010 that contributes. Any1 got former version of outlook on another PC to check if this issue occurs in it as well?

magellan1455
Contributor
Message 22 of 29

Re: Why do all of my printed email contain the header "X-MSK: Ham" and how do I remove it?

Outlook 2010 contains its own set of anti-spam and anti-phishing filters.  Anything trapped is deposited in a 'junk e-mail' folder.  So I don't think lochkelly needs to worry.

Aldrin
Former Member
Message 23 of 29

But disabling the Add-In is NOT the McAfee recommended solution and does not resolve the real problem

lochkelly
Contributor
Message 24 of 29

Well, then I guess it needs to be fixed, doesn't it?

Besides my provider also does a darn good job of filtering spam before it even gets to "my house."

Lisa

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 25 of 29

I'd like to know what version of Outlook, what kind of mail delivery (SSL, Pop3, etc), and what builds of the McAfee software this is happening with. You can get your McAfee build numbers by clicking Navigation and About. I'd also like to confirm that this ONLY shows up when the email is printed, correct? Not just when you view an email?

Uninstalling or disabling the spam protection will not fix this problem, only hide it. It might also leave you unprotected from spam, so we cannot recommend that. Furthermore, simply hiding the problem will mean it never gets fixed.

Thanks!!

lochkelly
Contributor
Message 26 of 29

Okay, glad to help.

Outlook:  2010 Version 14.0.4760.1000 (32 bit)

Server Information: Account Type: POP3, Incoming mail server: pop.gmail.com (our local provider contracts through Google), Outgoing mail servre: smtp.gmail.com

McAfee SecurityCenter build 10.5.216

McAfee VirusScan build 14.5.130

McAfee Personal Firewall build 11.5.140

McAfee SiteAdvisor build 3.2.152

McAfee Anti-Spam build 11.5.131

McAfee Parental Controls build 12.5.111

McAfee QuickClean and Shredder build 10.5.108

This is probably more than you needed but since I was in the "About" section I went ahead and collected all the build numbers.

Yes, only shows when I print (also in print preview) but not when merely viewing email in Outlook.

Thanks,

Lisa

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 27 of 29

Hey Lisa,

No such thing as too much information in times like these. I'm going to try to replicate this. Will come back with what I find!

hcheng
Former Member
Message 28 of 29

I'm able to reproduce this on my system. I'll try to investigate this issue further.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 29 of 29

Hey all,

Thanks for giving me some time to investigate here. I've just gotten an update that this issue will be addressed in the next big update, which is supposed to begin releasing to everyone at the end of the month. I don't have an exact date yet, but will report it as soon as I do!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community