Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mcboy
Contributor III
Message 1 of 2

Why Is Mcafee VPN causing this error?

Hello:

Can anyone tell me what is causing this error in the Event Viewer log?  It happens each time I start McAfee VPN.   McAfee Tech Support told me to reset my PC and reinstall McAfee Total Protection.  I did that and the problem still happens each time I start their VPN.  Note that the windows 11 re-start completely whips out my C drive before the re-install.  It also flagged a spot on my drive that was corrupt. And it downloads ALL current drivers and updates.  I even selected the option to re-install from Microsoft cloud rather than the local drive.  So, it is a completely clean PC.  Before re-installing Win 11 I did a complete scan using Windowed Defender – no viruses found.  Then I re-installed MacAfee and before starting VPN I checked Event Viewer – no errors.  I then start the VPN and check Event Viewer again and the error is there.  I’ve been working on this issue for over a week now.  Also, what is the device getting the error?  That long MAC address is nothing I can find in Device Manager.  Here is the error; any help in solving this is much appreciated:

Log Name:      System

Source:        NetBT

Date:          2/19/2024 8:36:19 AM

Event ID:      4311

Task Category: None

Level:         Error

Keywords:      Classic

User:          N/A

Computer:      RobPC

Description:

Initialization failed because the driver device could not be created. Use the string "000000000100320000000000D71000C011010000250200C003000000000000000000000000000000" to identify the interface for which initialization failed. It represents the MAC address of the failed interface or the Globally Unique Interface Identifier (GUID) if NetBT was unable to  map from GUID to MAC address. If neither the MAC address nor the GUID were available, the string represents a cluster device name.

HELP!!!!!!!!

1 Reply
krishna55
Message 2 of 2

Re: Why Is Mcafee VPN causing this error?

Hello @Mcboy,

Greetings from McAfee.

Please contact our customer service using the link below to resolve the issue.

McAfee Chat Support

Greetings,
Krishnamanikandan KS

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community