cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julysunruse
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Whitelist Domains

Hi, I need to whitelist some domains in to my Firewall and/or anti virus programs in order for a Launcher to download files and function. Without this, my software may block the connection and downloads of important files and not allow me to play MineCraft. It is a mod pack which has been cleared to be perfectly safe . How every it will not let me play do to the fact that some of its domains have been blocked. Any Idea how i can whitelist them as i have yet to work out how to. Thanks in advance.

4 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Re: Whitelist Domains

Assuming the home/consumer product here.  In McAfee SecurityCenter you can only allow such things through the firewall by opening it and going to Web and Email Protection > Firewall > My Network Connections and Internet Connections for Programs.  If your software is v13.6 or higher you can add files to the Exclusion list of the anti-virus portion too, but that is conditional on  none of them being suspicious in behaviour.  If they are then it will still quarantine them.

It's probably best you consult with Technical Support by phone.  It's free and linked below:

Toronto ▪ Canada
Volunteer Moderator - Consumer Products
I CAN'T HELP PRIVATELY - PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS
Use Advanced Search To Find Answers

Consumer Technical Support (alter Country @ top right as needed)

Consumer Customer Service (Accounts, Billing, Registration, etc.)
Anti-Spyware/Malware/Hijacker Removal Tools

julysunruse
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

Okay thanks for the Help

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 5

OK, good luck 😉

veryevilking
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

thanks i will try this

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community