cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bottski
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

White box when i open McAfee

When i open McAfee on my laptop runnning Vista Home Premium i only get a White box where the McAfee control status etc should be.  The Task bar shows Mcafee as open and i have to close it from here.  However on mydesktop that is running windows 7 professional it opens fine.

Everything was fine until McAfee updated itself a couple of weeks ago.

Any ideas?????

Bottski

5 Replies
user_107544
Contributor III
Message 2 of 6

Re: White box when i open McAfee

Hi Bottski,

Could you please tell me the version of Internet explorer installed on your vista PC ( Is it version 7 or 😎 Open IE > Click on Help at the very top > Click About internet explorer. Then check if date and time is correct or not according to your PC, change it if necessary. If you have IE 7 installed on your PC then you will have to update the same to IE 8 which is latest version of IE released by Microsoft. If these steps does not resolve your issue then please follow article # 100261 from service.McAfee.com.

Hope this will help you.....

Good luck

Regards,

Rakesh P

McAfee Technical Support

Bottski
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

I have checked the clock and its correct and i have IE8 installed.i dont know what you mean by

If these steps does not resolve your issue then please follow article # 100261 from service.McAfee.com.

Is there anything else i can do??

Thanks

Dinz
Former Member
Message 4 of 6

Greetings Bottski,

Security center may display a blank screen if the Internet explorer files are obsolete or of incomplete versions. We have experienced this type of issues due to this , To verify this please follow the below steps;

Step 1.

Open Internet explorer – click tools
Then click Internet options and click advanced tab
From here, Click the button Reset (Make sure delete home page & favourites option in unchecked)
Close Internet explorer .

Step 2.

Click Start and select Search.
In the Search box, type CMD and click OK.
In the Search results window, right-click CMD and select Run as Administrator.
In the command prompt, type REGSVR32 JSCRIPT.DLL and press ENTER.
After the confirmation message is displayed, type REGSVR32 VBSCRIPT.DLL and press ENTER.

Restart the computer and open security center and let me know the status.

Regards,
Dinesh K
McAfee Online Community Moderator

Bottski
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Dinz,

I have carried out all the steps and the problem is still there.  Do you have anymore ideas on what to do.

Many thanks for your help so far your continued assistance will be much appreciated.

Bottski

Dinz
Former Member
Message 6 of 6

Sure,

Open Internet explorer –click help
Check if we have a version number and cipher strength beside IE 8

If they are blank , you probably have a corrupt browser.

If not , try to uninstall Internet explorer 8 from control panel , restart the computer and  open mcafee & check the status.

Thanks,
Dinesh K
McAfee Online Community Moderator

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community