cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j782
Former Member
Message 1 of 59

When I click 'check for updates', DAT version 6809 doesn't update to 6811?

Hey,

Not sure if this an issue on my end or otherwise, but when I click 'check for updates', I get the message 'Your programs are up to date'...but I looked at: http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security-updates/security-updates.aspx

and I see Version 6811 was released today.

When I click 'About' in Mcafee, my DAT version for Mcafee Virus Scan says 6809.

Any ideas if I should be concerned or if this is an issue?

Thanks!!

58 Replies
nish_rulez
Contributor
Message 2 of 59

Re: When I click 'check for updates', DAT version 6809 doesn't update to 6811?

Hi

I didnt get a chance to look into my machine to see if i too have the same issue. Mean while i do that plz check the info below which will help you to undergo manual update to latest DAT

" You can always check the details of the latest DAT from vil.nai.com website or click on the link below:

http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security-updates/security-updates.aspx?regi on=us

Kindly try the manual update from this and let me know the status of the update.

Regards

Nish

j782
Former Member
Message 3 of 59

So, I tried uninstalling McAfee. Rebooted. Downloaded McAfee setup again and was now getting an error when I tried to install McAfee that said: "Your McAfee software download cannot continue because either there's a problem with your internet connection or the McAfee downloader server is unavailable. To fix this, make sure your PC is connected to the internet."

So I did a search for that...found advice in the forum saying to: open Internet Explorer, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced and click Reset, Apply and OK.

So I did that.

Then I disconnected from the internet, and reconnected.

For some reason I was now able to install McAfee again.

So McAfee is re-installing. I'll post here in a few minutes if it updated the DAT file.

EDIT: So, when it finished installing, it asked me to restart the computer, so I did, but when reloaded, McAfee wouldn't load for some reason. So I double clicked the mcAfee Setup exe again and it re-installed again, this time it didn't ask me to restart when it was finished, but real time scanning wouldn't turn on despite me continually clicking to turn it on. I also clicked 'check for updates' and it downloaded and installed something. Not sure what, but the DAT version was still 6809. So I rebooted the computer thinking I'd need to uninstall mcafee again and re-install it again given all these issues...but this time when I restarted, mcafee total protection loaded, and real time scanning was on. (???) Not sure what happened. I did a quick scan, just because, and everything seemed fine. I clicked 'Check for update' again, and it said 'programs are up to date', but the 'about' section still says DAT version: 6809.

No idea what is up.

Message was edited by: j782 on 8/22/12 1:40:32 AM CDT
miguelgrado
Contributor III
Message 4 of 59

idem.my dat 6809.check for updated  and are updated.are 8.45 am in spain.my mcafee are all ok

Forospyware Warrior
j782
Former Member
Message 5 of 59

So I downloaded the latest SuperDAT file from the link above (http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security-updates/security-updates.aspx?regi on=us)

I figured might as well download the SuperDAT file and not just the latest DAT to make sure EVERYTHING is up to date since the 'Check for updates' isn't updating DAT version 6809 to 6811.

Anyways...so I double clicked the sdat6811file, it started running, and then midway I get the following error:

"SuperDAT Notify

Error: Product already running latest engine files."

So I click 'finish' and I check the 'about' section in McAfee.

Now it says: "DAT version: 6811.0000"

Not sure why it had to manually update...

Does the 'Check for update' not work anymore and we have to manually update the DAT files now??

nish_rulez
Contributor
Message 6 of 59

Hi

Glad to know that the DAT is upto date...Its not like that, the DAT should be auto updated if the settings are in favor of accepting automatic check..At this point of time, I am not sure why the manual/auto update through MSC didnt come through..Plz have the same monitored for upcoming DAT's..It might be a temporary issue, and u might not see the problem again..

Regards

Nish

j782
Former Member
Message 7 of 59

Thanks nish_rulez. I'll keep an eye on it and when the next DAT update happens, I'll see if it installs automatically and/or if I click 'Check for update' when an update is in fact ready.

Unfortunately, it seems like others have done the manual install too...but they weren't as lucky: https://community.mcafee.com/message/252477

nish_rulez
Contributor
Message 8 of 59

Anytime :-)..

Let me confirm if they have gone though the SuperDAT update...

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 59

See my response to a similar thread here:  https://community.mcafee.com/message/252465#252465

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 22/08/12 4:33:13 EDT AM
miguelgrado
Contributor III
Message 10 of 59

delete dat folder and check for updates manually upgrade to the 6809 dat ....

Forospyware Warrior
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community