cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
liuxindavid
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

When I Update app, Mcafee display "It looks like you're offline"

I am using McAfee Internet Security 16.0 R50, When I check update, I get a message that says "Looks like you're offline". and I cannot update my antivirus database now.

3 Replies
GaneshR
Message 2 of 4

Re: When I Update app, Mcafee display "It looks like you're offline"

Hi @liuxindavid 

Greetings from McAfee!!!

we are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please try disabling fire wall and perform below steps

1. Clear temp files
  2. Turn off firewall
  3. Update McAfee

Alternatively, you can reach consumer support for more information

McAfee Consumer Support

regards'

Ganesh R

Atari
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Just want to say one thing, I do not want to use your service I have uninstalled it from my computer and it is still sending me stuff I do not want, your service is quite literally sending my computer viruses.

I say this with full honestly **bleep** your program.

If it is literally sending you viruses when not using your program that is a very easy way to get a class action lawsuit. 

Good **bleep**ing day 

Venkat_YM
Message 4 of 4

Hi @liuxindavid 

Greetings from Mcafee.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. We would like to let you know the pop ups you received from the browser is a scam pop ups not from the original source.

As McAfee wouldn't send pop up alerts from the browser. In order to remove browser fake virus alerts please refer our article on the given below link.

Your browser displays fake McAfee notifications

Alternatively, you can always contact chat support using the link below for immediate assistance.

McAfee Support

Regards,
Venkat

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community