cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ted50
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

What tcpip portsneed to be opened for access to SQL Server 2005 and printer?

Server is MS XP Pro with SQL Server 2005 and printer support.  Workstation is XP pro, Cisco router tcp network.

Just updated security software from McAfee Security Center to McAfee Total Protection.  Now the Workstation can not access the DB or the printer.

I followed the the suggestions on the firewall on tcp port assignments, but still can access DB or printer.

thanks in advance

2 Replies
kmrahul1
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

Re: What tcpip portsneed to be opened for access to SQL Server 2005 and printer?

Which version of McAfee you are running?  is it 2009 or 2010?

Also get the IP address of both PC's as well as Router. We need to add it on Firewall's "Networks" portion to get this issue resolved.

ted50
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Re: What tcpip portsneed to be opened for access to SQL Server 2005 and printer?

I purchased 3 user Total Protection from McAfee Online on 2/21/2010, so I assume it is 2010.

Router is a Linksys W#RT54G: 192.168.1.1

Server: XP Pro, 192.168.1.4

Celeron 2 (workstation):  192.168.1.7

ted50

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community