cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonnywalker
Contributor III
Message 21 of 29

Re: What is McAfee's response to the Intel Meltdown flaw?

Hi. Maybe I´ve should have read your post before posting mine. If I get it right when reading the blog post we don´t have to do anything else but to download the microsoft update through windows update and that´s all we need to do with McAfee AV installed. Is this  correct understood by me ?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 22 of 29

Exactly.  Everyone's panicking for no reason really.

jonnywalker
Contributor III
Message 23 of 29

Ok thank you. Sometimes It´s confusing when you read about the update on the microsoft support page. And when they can´t specify which AV vendors that is affected it don´t make it clearer. But of course there´s a lot of them. Hopefully it will also work on my other pc with avast. We´ll see tomorrow or today as it´s morning here in sweden after watching a late hockey final........

And we lost

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 24 of 29

That's too bad.  I was watching the daily grind on CNN & their endless gloating over the ongoing White House soap opera.

Every day my eyes glaze over and I vow to watch something else, but I'm always drawn back, aargh.

Cheer up, it's -30°C (-22°F) (with the wind chill taken into account) here right now..........

I don't care who wins and loses when it's like this.  LOL

Now off to bed, G'night 😉

abmchi
Former Member
Message 25 of 29

1- my understanding had been that without the KEY, it wouldn't be downloaded.  Now, however, it also comes within a rollup, so not clear if still true

2- once downloaded, they refer one to the antivirus-company to ensure compatibility when software [eg, McAfee] [perform calls.

3-  I just now found an update from McAfee that answers the question that Microsoft raised re compatibility, namely, Document ID: TS102769 for consumers found at

http://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/articleview?locale=&articleId =TS102769 , which says among other things:

" Current status: Compatibility testing by McAfee has been completed on the products listed below." ...

..." Windows Product Compatibility for McAfee Products

McAfee has performed validation testing on the following products and found them to be compatible.

• McAfee LiveSafe (MLS)
  • McAfee All Access (MAA)
  • McAfee Total Protection (MTP)
  • McAfee Internet Security (MIS)
  • McAfee Anti-Virus Plus (MAV+)
  • McAfee Anti-Virus (MAV)
  • McAfee Cloud AV

Please continue to return to this page for the latest updates. "

Peacekeeper
Message 26 of 29

Thanks for that update

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 27 of 29

Strange, in 2 of my Win 10 Pro's - update wont install and in neither is that regedit key.   One of them has Cloud AV up to date as of today and the other has nothing but WD since Consumer Beta went offline.

So for those it's wait and see I suppose.

jonnywalker
Contributor III
Message 28 of 29

When I started up my other pc with avast installed as I said I would do in my earlier post, no update was available. So there seems to be a problem there. Hopefully it will be solved. Avast states that their AV is compatible with the new windows update. But many in their forum has problems. I´m lucky that McAfee managed on this pc.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 29 of 29

My Win 7 and the 3 Win 10's have now all updated with the security patch with no problems at all.

So all is well here.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community