cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stewdanko
Former Member
Message 21 of 34

Re: Re: Virus Scan and Quick Clean start 5 hours early.

Chinthanai Selvan P wrote:

Hi Stew Danko

I will be reviewing the SR 1788090466 and post back what exactly happened with the Support Interaction. In the mean time could you please post back the version of McAfee installed.

Open McAfee GUI > About > Version of Security Center

Regards

Version 14.0

Build 14.0.1076

Peacekeeper
Message 22 of 34

Re: Virus Scan and Quick Clean start 5 hours early.

Defect reported by me now with Quickclean team.

But you should still push this as well.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 23 of 34

Re: Re: Re: Virus Scan and Quick Clean start 5 hours early.

I reviewed the SR 1788090466 and also reviewed the subsequent SRs under your contact. All of them indicated that known troubleshooting steps for fixing this issue have been attempted already. Here's what i suggest,

Your MSC version is 14.0.1076 and the latest one being 14.0.4113 we may wait for this build and see if issue occurs. If it does, then we can replicate this issue and gather logs for analysis preferably from your machine. Try manually updating McAfee and see if you get this build. Once you get it post back in this thread for us to follow up.

R4.png

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 24 of 34

Peacekeeper wrote:

Defect reported by me now with Quickclean team.

Hi,

Is this for Beta or the Retail?

Peacekeeper
Message 25 of 34

Re: Re: Re: Virus Scan and Quick Clean start 5 hours early.

Selvan I am on 14.0.4113 issue still shows but not every time I am monitoring. Still worth Stewdanko getting an update and check  and provide logs.

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 26 of 34

Re: Re: Re: Re: Virus Scan and Quick Clean start 5 hours early.

Were you able to replicate this on the Retail? If so then we might need to speed things up.

Peacekeeper
Message 27 of 34

NO re retail but I do not usually use it . My retail PCs are win 7 this win 8.1 and beta. I do not know Stewdanko's OS. I will check Retail later on 

Markm said

Same team handles both. If the problem exists in Beta, they’ll test for it in Retail as well and implement a fix for both.

stewdanko
Former Member
Message 28 of 34

Peacekeeper wrote:

NO re retail but I do not usually use it . My retail PCs are win 7 this win 8.1 and beta. I do not know Stewdanko's OS. I will check Retail later on

Markm said

Same team handles both. If the problem exists in Beta, they’ll test for it in Retail as well and implement a fix for both.

My OS is Windows 8.1 Pro.

Peacekeeper
Message 29 of 34

Ah I am testing my win 7 install later today. Wonder if this a 8.1 issue as I have 8.1 64bit pro

Peacekeeper
Message 30 of 34

OK Selvan I am uploading logs via mctrace to the Beta team

Stewdanko and Selvan

My results are

Win 8.1 start time varies -5hrs common but tonight I got -1hr 10m and -1hr 5m and -10m and on time really nuts. I got a log on 1st start as well of a -5 start 2 days ago so that could help.

Win 7 1 start on time and 1 start 30 mins late no early starts. Unsure if that means this a win 8.1 issue.

Stewdanko will leave you in selvan's hands

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community