cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sicnarf
Contributor III
Message 1 of 4

Virtual memory???

Just installed McAfee Internet Security 2009.......yes I know it's 2010....I'm just a procrastenator.

After I installed, and all seemed to be going well, I randomly get messages as I am surfing to the effect "...not enough virtual memory..."

never have seen that before.....installing McAfee.

I checked my windoze and it is supposed to handle the virtual memory ....what might be wrong

and what do I need to do to remedy this?

I also ran the "Virtual Technician" and it said nothing was wrong?

Thanks

Sicnarf

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

Re: Virtual memory???

Hi Sicnarf,

This problem is mostly seen in computers that do not have a required amount of physical memory.Virtual memory, also known as a page file or swap file, is a file on your hard drive (C:\pagefile.sys by default) that Windows and applications use in addition to physical memory (RAM) as needed.

Could you please provide me the following infomation so that I could provide you some information on this,

What is the operating system you use ?

How old is the computer ?

Right click on my computer and let me know the size of RAM ?

Regards,

Dinesh K

Sicnarf
Contributor III
Message 3 of 4

I have 768 MB Ram, with a 1.24GHz Sempron CPU running WinXP SP3. The machine is about 4 years old.

Also can you tell me how to find the "version" of McAffe that I am running?

Thanks

Sicnarf

Dinz
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

Hi Sicnarf,

You can increase the size of your page file if there is space available on the hard disk.
*Logon as an Admin, hold down the Windows logo key and press Pause/Break to open System Properties. Click the Advanced Tab. In the *Performance section click Settings. Click Advanced Tab again.
*In Virtual Memory section click Change. Choose the appropriate drive in the first window. Below that choose Custom Size and increase the value in the Maximum Size(MB) box.
* Click set, ok, and then restart your computer

Regards,

Dinesh K

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community