Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GMT-IT
Former Member
Message 11 of 24

Re: Updating to Security Center 12.1 giving me problems

Jump to solution

I use a clean Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 installation. Only Intel Chipsetupdate and Intel Networkcontroller is installed. It is not possible to work with 12.1. I have spend several hours to find out and the result is my (high end) system will not work with it. 11.6 is running on it without problems. Sorry McAfee, but I want 11.6 as stable system back!

bridgitzeero
Contributor
Message 12 of 24

Jump to solution

No success from the re-install... Same results...slow or non-responsive, realtime scan won't stay on.

....Doing a recover, dismissing the "updates available" message contacting tech support.   Maybe they should "take back" the 12.1 update, fix it, then try again later.

anand06
Former Member
Message 13 of 24

Jump to solution

Please confirm the following details:

What is the computer's operating system?
How is your computer connected to internet (Dsl,cable)?
Do you have any other antivirus software installed on this Computer?

Did you make any recent changes for the computer?

please update

Regards,

Anand S

McAfee Tier 2.5 Support

Message was edited by: anand06 on 1/8/13 1:52:26 PM CST
Peacekeeper
Message 14 of 24

Jump to solution

Just confirming did those that unistalled use the windows removal option followed by MCPR removal tool and after a reboot use the mcpreinstall tool? I suggested to try the reinstall as it is possible (my feeling) that updating can sometimes fail. I have been installing 12.1 and all its previous incarnations for 12 mths under beta testing and never noticed a slow down issue.

Ok reread the posts this Real time scanning not staying on I noticed it recently in 5 installs ( actual firwall was messed up as well) only thing that fixed it was running the virtual technician program on the tech support page. A reboot after running it and it has been stable for 3 weeks.

The MVT program is not we hear fully up with all 12.1 issue but will not hurt to try it.

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 9/01/13 8:33:39 AM
everon
Former Member
Message 15 of 24

Jump to solution

No offence to you peacekeeper, but I was told by a phone line technician TWO weeks ago than MVT was not upto date with 12.1 and hence it is useless to advise people to use it to fix the huge surge of issues people are having with 12.1

I advised Ex_Brit of this fact regarding MVT in my other thread.

on 08/01/13 15:05:28 CST
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 16 of 24

Jump to solution

It has most likely been updated in that time....at least I would hope so.

hockeyfan30
Former Member
Message 17 of 24

Jump to solution

Hello , since the new updated version 12.1 Mcafee's firewall turns itself off at random times also previous blocked internet connected programs are still connecting.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 18 of 24

Jump to solution

Please open a case with Technical Support, it's free by phone or online chat and linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.

Peacekeeper
Message 19 of 24

Jump to solution

12.1 that I used was a beta and so was the MVT program so that could be why it worked.

bridgitzeero
Contributor
Message 20 of 24

Jump to solution

Okay, doing an uninstall, then the MCPR tool, then downloading from my account  seems to have done the trick.....Thanks Peacekeeper and Ex_Brit for the suggestions.  All seems well now.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community