Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user_6
Former Member
Message 1 of 15

Updating problem

Jump to solution

Hello,

since August 12nd, with McAfee update to Security center 14.0.4133, Virus scan 18.0.4054, Firewall 15.0.4010, Ansispam 15.0.4006 and Quickclean 14.0.4007 I have on my two computers the same problem:

When McAfee starts to find an update, and when there is no update available, I see the little blue point on the red M in the  low right cormer of my screen. and it never stops!

When I open McAfee security center it is written "updatind in progress" (in french... here!) with a litte turning wheeel. And it never stops until I reseache manually an update.

But when an update is available the update is downloaded ((2343.0 for the data base today).

MVT found nothing wrong.

Both computers are running W7.

Sorry for my poor English but I tried to explain precisely my problem.

A liitle help?

Thank you!

Jérôme.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 15

Re: Updating problem

Jump to solution

Known bug I reported this in the beta forum 2 weeks ago and the developers have reproduced it and a fix under way. Best to just manually open the Security center and check for update which most likely will say you are up to date. Should not be long.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
amby
Contributor
Message 2 of 15

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem. Icon continually shows updating and can only be stopped by manually update check.

Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 15

Jump to solution

Known bug I reported this in the beta forum 2 weeks ago and the developers have reproduced it and a fix under way. Best to just manually open the Security center and check for update which most likely will say you are up to date. Should not be long.

amby
Contributor
Message 4 of 15

Jump to solution

Many thanks for quick response Peacekeeper.

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 15

Jump to solution

No problem It is annoying me as well i will check up on Monday how the fix is progressing when we mods have our phone hook up.

Last info I have is from yesterday

Just letting you know that, this issue is currently being investigated and will be fixed in our upcoming beta releases

A fix in beta always replicates to the retail version for the same build

user_6
Former Member
Message 6 of 15

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for this response.

If I understand correctly:

1. The problem is known and a new update coming soon will fix it.

2. Until that time we do it manually as described in my first post.

Is this correct?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 15

Jump to solution

Moved to General Discussion as a better spot.

Yes, hopefully it will be fixed soon.

---

Peter

user_6
Former Member
Message 8 of 15

Jump to solution

OK Peter, i'll wait for the the coming solution.

Do you think I have to note this question "resolved"?

Thank you!

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 15

Jump to solution

Marked as "Assumed Answered".

Paul_of_London
Contributor III
Message 10 of 15

Jump to solution

Yes, I've been getting the same problem, it won't stop updating until I open up the Security Centre and click on 'update', then it tells me that I have the latest update. I hope it gets sorted out soon, as it's a bit annoying. Also, I'd like a reassurance that the McAfee is working correctly otherwise.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community