cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pavilion
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Updating of McAfee Security software.

I use McCafee Security as a part of my Internet service by AOL. Applicable softwares are supposed to be down loaded automatically into one desktop in Windows 7 and another one in Windows XP. Recently software updating in the XP stopped. Websites of AOL and McAfee don't help. Any clues?

4 Replies
Hayton
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Updating of McAfee Security software.

Some malware disables automatic updating, so right-click the McAfee icon in the system tray and select Check for Updates and then run a Quick or Full Scan.

Peacekeeper
Message 3 of 5

Also you can manually update the files

http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security-updates/security-updates.aspx

This might enable detection or at least shock the updater into working if the update button option fails.

tripodzid
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

That has been a problem to be before when I was in Windows XP. This is why I suddenly switched to Windows Vista as I can't find any solution for it, but I will still get back to Windows XP once I have found any fix for this problem.

Peacekeeper
Message 5 of 5

I assume XP is service pack 3?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community