cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
theflyingmonkey
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Updating Problem

Okay, I was just wondering if this affected my McAfee Update.

So, I am on a XP Home Service Pack 3 and I have McAfee Internet Security, I did a McAfee Update by right clicking the McAfee Shield and Selecting Check for Updates.  Apparently, McAfee was installing 3 updates, one of which was probably a Security Center update since I had Version 11.0.550.  After that it asked me to Restart Now or Later.  I select Now and my computer shutdown and as it was starting up, my computer said that the amount of System Memory has changed from 1GB to 512 MB.  This usually happens once or twice since my computer is about 6 to 7 years old.

Next thing I did was hit the Power button and the computer turned off, I turned it on again and I didn't get a System Memory Changed, so I turned it off again after going to the Setup page to check to see if it changed back.  This time when I turned it on, the RAM said that I had 1GB, so I continued with the normal bootup of my computer.  After everything booted up, I checked and saw that McAfee Security Center was 11.0.572, VirusScan updated to latest DAT, and the Firewall update to 12.0.338.

So the thing I am wondering about is that, did me turning off the computer because of the missing RAM affect the update, since the computer didn't technically follow standard Restart procedures which is to log off Windows and start back up Windows?  I am worried that this may have corrupted the update.

4 Replies
theflyingmonkey
Former Member
Message 2 of 5

Re: Updating Problem

If someone can help, I would appreicate it.

theflyingmonkey
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

Anyone?

7oneg
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

You know, I don't think anyone cares anymore, seeing as you 'only' want an answer to a problem you used to have.

JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 5 of 5

Sorry for the delayed reponse as we were expecting your response on the other thread you have created here . In order to avoid duplication , this thread is been locked . Please continue on your original thread here : https://community.mcafee.com/thread/38843?tstart=0

Regards,

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community