Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tombevan
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

Update to Online Backup - 4.8.735

Hi all,

Has anyone experienced a problem with the new update to Online Backup? (4.8)

I'd just got my backups to a state where I was happy - some 56GB or so backed up.

Installed new update as prompted, and now  when I run it, it looks like it is either trying to backup from scratch all over again - been running 3 days , and still says it's calculating, loading settings, and is 0% complete. Or, is the service hanging, and stuck on a firewall/configuration problem? How can I tell? Am I just being impatient?

Please help!

tom

8 Replies
k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: Update to Online Backup - 4.8.735

Hi Tombevan

I am certanly not an expert here but I know there have been some server issues the last day or so

Maybe one of the mods will chime in with something to add to help you

tombevan
Former Member
Message 3 of 9

Hi, thanks for your insight. Fingers crossed they will resolve server issues then...

i'll wait and see. This is what I'm seeing....

Capture.GIF

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 9

If no solution soon call technical support as we mods do not have online backup expertise.

http://service.mcafee.com/TechSupportHome.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 9

Hi tombevan,

Please check if you have any other Cloud Storage Applications like Google Drive, SkyDrive etc. If so temporarily stop them and start Back up again.

If still no progress Re-start the machine and check if Volume Shadow Copy Service is running ( Open Run by pressing Win+R > type services.msc > OK > Check status of Volume Shadow copy service > Start and set to Automatic )

Retry Backup and see if it succeeds..!

EDIT: I assume this is the latest version of Online Backup (To check Version > Right click tray Icon > Click About > It should say 2.26.xx.xx)

on 27/6/14 5:02:22 AM IST
tombevan
Former Member
Message 6 of 9

Thanks for your post, am giving this a try now. Volume Shadow Copy was indeed turned  off....restarted it, as you said, and have kicked off the back up, using a small number of files to start with. Will leave overnight, and see what happens!

k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Glad to see Selvan has chimed in to help you....you are in good hands

morino
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

I had same problem and with your instructions now all is OK !! Thank you,very much!

The service of mcafee call center from Romania,was not capable to resolve my problem(from about 90 days up till now).They maintain that depend from low speed of my adsl line and was necessary to wait for completing backup.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 9

Glad to see that (Your) individual issue was resolved   Hopefully the OP issues are also. Selvan is very knowledgeable, and is actually Technical Support as well. Just another reason he is the Forum Tech...Kudo,s.

All the very best,

Regards,

Catdaddy

McAfee Volunteer Moderator

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community