cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grimfunnycash
Former Member
Message 1 of 9

Update Error popup saying to reinstall

Whenever my McAfee is trying to update, it keeps sending me an update error telling that i need to reinstall 3-User McAfee Total Protection. I purchased it and downloaded it from the internet and im not sure how to reinstall it.  Also my subscription expires 1/3/2011 so i'm confused on what to do.

8 Replies
The_Narc
Former Member
Message 2 of 9

Re: Update Error popup saying to reinstall

Hello,

What OS are you using?

Do you have another kind of antivirus software, anti-malware?

Have you tried a reboot?

Cheers,

The_Narc

on 2/8/10 5:50:59 PM CST
grimfunnycash
Former Member
Message 3 of 9

I'm using XP.  I don't think that there is any other programs with anti malware and stuff.  Just McAfee.  I tried to update again and I still got the Please Reinstall these programs: 3-User Total Protection.

The_Narc
Former Member
Message 4 of 9

What version of McAfee are you using? 2009, 2010...

Try the button Fix in the main window of Security Center and tell me what happens.

If you are using 2009 may I suggest to update to latest version so you won't have to deal with this problem. Just tell me how did you install McAfee: Retail, ISP or McAfee's online shop?

Hope I helped you.

Cheers,

The_Narc

grimfunnycash
Former Member
Message 5 of 9

it says one or more problems need your response.  It was the online store, and i'm trying to update it to 2010 but it says that the server is busy or something.  My guess is that its not the right version, but i am trying to update it.

The_Narc
Former Member
Message 6 of 9

Do this:

1.- Download the files I'm attaching to this message.

2.- Be sure you remember you account info (e-mail and password) to validate your subscription.

2.- Uninstall McAfee (Start - Control Panel - All Programs - McAfee SecurityCenter).

3.- Follow the instructions and accept to restart the PC at the end of uninstallation.

4.- Double click "McAfee Product Removal" and accept to reboot again.

5.- Delete Temp Files, Cookies, etc.

6.- Double click "McAfee Download Manager"

7.- Enter your account info and follow the instructions.

Hope I helped you and tell me if you need further support.

Cheers,

The Narc

grimfunnycash
Former Member
Message 7 of 9

when i am on the screen that will remove it, it says that I have a valid subscritpion.  Do I still do it?

grimfunnycash
Former Member
Message 8 of 9

so i did it anyways and it still says that the server is unavailable or something.

The_Narc
Former Member
Message 9 of 9

It's weird that you can not download because I've just finished a new install with no problems at all and did exactly what I told you. Maybe the servers are getting too crowded because McAfee is releasing the new version very slowly... I'm still waiting to be able to download from the Spain site the newest download manager for a friend's PC.

Hope you can complete your installation. Let me know if I can do something else for you.

Cheers,

The Narc

PS Keep trying to download your suite using the Download Manager.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community