cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jollyj
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Uninstall McAfee Browser Protection -- how to do it.

Greetings.  I am a new community member.  Just purchased McAfee Total Protection today but cannot load to my computer.  When I purchased my computer it came with a trial McAfee package which included McAfee Browser Protection [a corporate product I am told].   However,  on-line chat told me that I needed to uninstall Browser Protection, however, neither they or myself am able to do it.   [Even when going to control panel, programs, programs and features and then uninstall program.]  The chat session ended with them telling me they could not help.

Does anyone have any ideas for me?  Greatly appreciate your time and help.   Judy.

2 Replies
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 3

IWas the trial the home or enterprise version if home run the removal tool below

Have you removed the trial try MCPR to clean up the install It may remove Mcafee browser protection which is another name for Site Advisor I think

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS100507

If the browser protection is corporate version 5.2 read this

https://community.mcafee.com/message/168392#168392

brandonspopo
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

McAfee is a good program. When you are successful removing the trial version (I think that you can just enter the new # of the product you purchased to upgrade/activate Total Protection) install the program you bought. I have used it for 3-4 years and it is better than any of the other premium programs and far superior to any free program out there. Hope this helps.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community