Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikemc1013
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Unable to scan

Jump to solution

The Real Time Scanner has been "starting" for a few days and won't let me scan.  It says "Can't Scan Device. We're having trouble scanning right now. Please wait a few moments and try again. It has shown the same error for a few days.  I was also having the issue with the updates that have been discussed in other threads.  I  followed the steps listed and I think the issue has been resolved.  I have not seen the scanning issue discussed.

I am new to the board and am not sure what information I should provide to have the issue resolved.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mikemc1013
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

Re: Unable to scan

Jump to solution

I was able to play around with it and fix the issue.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
mikemc1013
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

I was able to play around with it and fix the issue.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

Welcome to McAfee Communities. Glad you were able to resolve your issue. As you can see I marked your thread as Correctly Answered.

All the Best

Catdaddy

McAfee Community Moderator

Consumer Products

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

Jump to solution

Although you were capable of resolving your issue. In the future one of the first things you can try, is run the latest McAfee Virtual Technician http://mvt.mcafee.com/ As for providing us information, your Operating System and Version of the McAfee product you are using helps us to offer suggestions.

And of course the symptoms you are presented with. Quite often we can offer advice/suggestions to help resolve your problems. However, we are a peer to peer Forum, and if we cannot. We do our best to direct you to someone whom can.

Of course you can always contact Technical Support 24/7 via Phone/Online Chat being much quicker.

Services and Support for Home and Office

To become more familiar with your McAfee Product/Features. You can open your McAfee User Interface ( Located in the bottom tray by the clock). Click on Help, then Help again and it will take you to a 'Step by Step' Guide/Tutorial in regards to all of your Product Features.

It is imperative that you keep your system up to date with all of your Windows Updates/Add-Ons, to include Internet Explorer. Even if you do not use it, McAfee and other important programs do in order to function properly.Plus make certain you have no other Security Software running ( RTS- Real Time Scanning Module). For it will Clash/Conflict with your McAfee Protection.

Again, welcome to McAfee Communities.

Hope this helps,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community