cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmscott6
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Unable to install Total Protection 2011

I'm trying to install Total Protection 2011 on my Windows XP computer.  This is a 3 user edition and I installed it without a hitch on our Vista laptop, but now on the XP desktop when I try to run the .exe program (it won't install automatically on insertion of disc), I get a quick "hourglass" then nothing.  I also tried to download a version of the program and I get the same result when I try to run the installer.  I downloaded and ran the MVP program without a hitch, and I also tried uninstalling the previous expired version of McAfee (with the download from McAfee).  Still nothing.  I've also run a current version of Stinger, but it found nothing.    Is there a trojan or virus that specifically won't let the new McAfee install?  Many thanks for any suggestions.

2 Replies
cmscott6
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

Re: Unable to install Total Protection 2011

Turned out to be a SecurityMaster AV issue.  Ran the bleepingcomputer fixes, and was able to install McAfee.  It did get hung up in the activation process, and I tried Prakash's fixes.  I had no Sysprep folder, but installing only AntiSpam, then activating, then installing the rest of Total Protection took care of it.  Thanks, Prakash!

k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Unable to install Total Protection 2011

Thanks for letting us know you got everything working. I will mark this as answered.

Message was edited by: k3tg corrected typographical error on 12/26/10 3:09:33 PM EST
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community