cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pookey52
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Two products running at the same time? McAfee Antivirus Plus 2012

OK, so I bought the 2012 McAfee Antivirus Plus and loaded it on December 16, 2011 from a CD.  The CD sleeve states that if I had a McAfee product installed on my computer, they would uninstall it automatically......NOT.  I have two products now running - 2011 and 2012.  I can go into my McAfee account history and remove the 2011 from there but I don't know if I should.  When I right click on the icon in my taskbar and review the subscription information, it shows I only have 21 days left but my 2012 info shows its good until 12/16/2012.  Question that my chat person in India couldn't answer without getting into the technical aspects of my operating system is:  Will the system automatically update when my 21 days are up or should I do something to it now??

4 Replies
kuttus
Former Member
Message 2 of 5

Re: Two products running at the same time? McAfee Antivirus Plus 2012

It is better to remove the old version and install the new one only. Otherwise there is a possibility that it may make conflicts.

Message was edited by: kuttus on 12/29/11 2:17:30 AM CST
Dinz
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

Hi there,

I assume you are referring to the Online account screen where it shows the  information regarding two subscriptions is from your account page !!!!  What the CD sleeve mentions is that if you already an existing McAfee program on your PC and install another version, it would remove the exsting version off the PC.

Now , getting back to your original question : With the email address that you have registered on our forums , I do see 2 McAfee Antivirus Plus subscriptions , one good until  1.18.2012 and the next 12.16.2012 . If these are the subscriptions that is installed on your subscription they would automatically pick the new expiry date after the first once expires .

If not, I would suggest you to press (Ctrl + D) now and bookmark this page and if any issues occur , please click on this link and run the McAfee subscription repair tool that should fix your issue.

http://service.mcafee.com/faqdocument.aspx?id=TS100966

Regards,

pookey52
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

OK, it didn't automatically pick up the 2012 dates after my 2011 expired.  When you mentioned to run the repair tool, is that the only thing I have to do - OR - do I have to go through the steps of renaming current data files, etc?  Why can't I go in and remove the 2011 from my account - the 2012 was supposed to have done that already......

keiooz
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

You might run into different kinds of complications if you have 2 program activated in your PC at the same time. It would be better to uninstall the older version first.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community