cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daveo
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Turning off annyoing reminders

Is there a way to turn off those annoying reminders that are not included in the ignore list?? I keep AV turned off running some programs because it is such a resource hog so I am quite aware my computer is not protected. This reminder takes away my active window for about 10 seconds which causes chaos. Also the "Mcafee hasnt checked for updates in 5 days" is really freakin annoying also. If i choose to disable auto updates I shouldnt have to be reminded 10 times a day about it. Its things like this which make me want to ditch Mcafee software and go back to Norton.

2 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 3

Re: Turning off annyoing reminders

As updates come in daily you can get rid of one of them by manually updating once a day.

The others I doubt you can do anything about, although if I disable VirusScan in mine and make sure it is set to never turn back on it doesn't bug me unless I go to reboot so not sure what settings you are using.

Alerts and Ignopred problems are accessible as follows:

Double-click the taskbar icon to open SecurityCenter

Click Advanced Menu (bottom)

Click Configure (left)

With SecurityCenter highlighted at left..

Click Advanced (right)

See the menu on the left.

Regsy
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Turning off annyoing reminders

Same here, mine is constantly moaning about my protection is due to run out, in August! I get pop ups, emails and a whole host of other annoyance, its worse than having malware.  Sorry McaFee but seriously its getting to the point where I'll be going to Norton next time!

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community