cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
George804
Contributor II
Message 11 of 16

Re: Tracker remover spinning and hangs on "looking for files in internet explorer"

I am done with them. After my subscription is up I am finding somebody else

jw1739
Contributor III
Message 12 of 16

Re: Tracker remover spinning and hangs on "looking for files in internet explorer"

@George804 Yes, it is extremely disappointing. For all we know, the main features of the product itself may be working well, but progress on getting these bugs fixed is painfully slow and  the communication is woeful. At the very least I would expect a monthly update to all subscribers on what progress is being made.

TerenceC
Contributor
Message 13 of 16

My Tracker remover keeps defaulting to off this has been going on for a while now. Tried the help chat  de installed re-installed but just the same, subscription is expiring in 30 days im now not sure if to renew or get something different?

RolltheBones
Contributor
Message 14 of 16

I might have fixed this flippin issue that McAfee seem to have accepted is a thing, then ignored. If you use Firefox, this might work for you:

Go into Tracker Remover and select Settings

Under Browser Files, click "Choose what to clean in each browser"

Now select all the Microsoft Edge boxes, but leave all the Firefox boxes unchecked.

Now run Tracker Remover, and see if it works for you?

Firefox has it's own cache management, so not bothered about McAfee doing it. Might test out each box to see which one is causing the issue.

jw1739
Contributor III
Message 15 of 16

@RolltheBones Well, well well! Brilliant! I don't use Firefox - I use Chrome. I also have Outlook but never use it. So I went into Settings as you suggested, and clicked on "Choose what to clean in each browser," and clicked on Chrome and Edge, but left Outlook unselected

Went back and did a quick clean. Worked like a charm, took about 3 seconds to do it. 

So it would appear that it is somewhere in the Outlook files that the program hangs up.

Haven't gone any further. This will do for now.

Many thanks, mate, from Oz.

GaneshR
Message 16 of 16

Hi @jw1739 

We regret for the inconvenience!

McAfee is aware of the issue and our team is working towards the fix. The issue is expected to fix in the next release. You can always contact the chat support using below link for immediate assistance.

McAfee Support

Regards

Ganesh Raju R

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community