cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
956_classic
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Total protection scan question? *Help*

Well i recently Ran a scan on my pc and I noticed that when scanning the files it would go through items really fast.

for example it would go from 10 items to 17,25,38,53, stuff like that. So my question is,is that normal?

I ran a full scan and it counted 284028 items all on my C:, D:*factory Image*,and J: *my external drive* After about 2 hours it finished and found nothing wrong,which is good but i'm just wondering if thats normal?

Could someone Help me?

Untitled-2.jpg

2 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 3

Re: Total protection scan question? *Help*

Yes it's normal.  It can be rather confusing watching it working.  I think it jumps because as it unpacks zipped files for instance, it will  appear to jump by the number of files inside the zip all at once once they are scanned.   Likewise it tends to be fast scanning files that have been previously scanned and not changed since then.

956_classic
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Re: Total protection scan question? *Help*

oh ok, well thanks for the info I was a little worried there for a sec.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community