Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jim001
Former Member
Message 1 of 6

Total Protection

Hi

Hope someone can help with this' I Am trying to install Mcafee Total Protection on a friends lap top but keep getting the message "Restart your device so we can finish removing Mcafee software and install your new Protection"

I Have used the MCPR tool but it hasnt solved the problem

Thanks in Advance

5 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 6

Re: Total Protection

​,

Do you have any prior Security applications still installed on your system, which may be incompatible with your McAfee Software? If so I would remove them before following the same procedures. You can also contact Technical Support 24/7 at no cost to you.

Via Phone/Online Chat being by far the quickest. https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/cp/home/contact

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
jim001
Former Member
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the reply' Avast is installed on the machine' but i have tried to install it on my machine which also has Avast installed and it installs ok ?

Thanks for the link

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 6

I recommend that you uninstall your Avast Application from your Control Panel/Programs and Features/restart.

Then use the Avast removal tool to remove any remnants. As running (2) Anti-Virus applications can cause conflicts/clashes and actually leave you vulnerable to infections.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
jim001
Former Member
Message 5 of 6

Thank you' i am currently in contact with the intel help

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 6

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community