cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rturnock
Contributor
Message 11 of 20

Re: Total Protection breaks WIndows backup options

Any chance I could give a little constructive feedback out of the public eye?

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 12 of 20

I just contacted ​ again. Hopefully he will add to the discussion.

Being completely Honest: Our previous Conference Call ran over the allotted time, and we simply did not have ample time to discuss this issue. Please know that it (will) be discussed this coming Monday.

Hopefully during the interim we will hear back from our Technician/Engineer.

If it is any comfort knowing, When we mention something to the *Powers to be* actually they are the ones responsible for initiating/implementing a request, for it to be investigated.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

Cliff

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
rturnock
Contributor
Message 13 of 20

I have a question regarding the issue I am experiencing. Once escalated, the focus seemed to be upon excluding specific files from being scanned. However I believe we have established that the problem is the Real Time scan but I understand that excluded files are only excluded from the scheduled scans. Doesn't that mean the whole diagnostic avenue has been a waster of time?

Richard

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 14 of 20

Hi Richard

Not necessarily, Please know that I have indeed brought this up as a 'Topic of Discussion this Monday.    

DougK/MarkR/Selvan  Total Protection breaks Windows Backup Options  Re: Total Protection breaks WIndows backup options CD

Customer has Service Requests Numbers/Has already escalated it.

I will report back on their comments/suggestions.

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
rturnock
Contributor
Message 15 of 20

It may sound a little silly but I very much want Intel to succeed with McAfee. I have worked with Intel since their chips were simple enough we could look at the masks and figure out how an extra clock cycle on a DAD wouldn't mess up a PUSH instruction. I also sold them radiation detectors when they had water contamination. I built 8085 virtual machines before virtual machines had a name. This problem may very well be something odd I have done.

I cannot imagine another company providing the attention you have done. We both have investment in this, thanks for the continued support.

All that said, my wife reports problems with Chrome that searches say are McAfee related.

rturnock
Contributor
Message 16 of 20

More than three hours troubleshooting this issue shows a commendable goal of finding any issue and resolving it/them. That said when my wife finds issues I have no defense, the product doesn't work and I shall look elsewhere..

Please don't contact me.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 17 of 20

As I stated..We are about to have our Conference Call...

Thank you..

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 18 of 20

Hello Richard,

I have requested a few information from our regular support. Please provide them in order to continue our investigation. Kindly note that this is a new issue and no other user have contacted Support with the same.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 19 of 20

rturnock wrote:

More than three hours troubleshooting this issue shows a commendable goal of finding any issue and resolving it/them. That said when my wife finds issues I have no defense, the product doesn't work and I shall look elsewhere..

Please don't contact me.

I wouldn't give up so easily.

I just did a system image backup using Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate x64 "Backup and Restore", it was successful and I have McAfee LiveSafe guarding my machine.

Googling "antivirus breaks system backup" produces very few examples, spread over many years, back to 2011, and each blaming their AV, other brands by the way, with no final single solution that I could find.

Peacekeeper
Message 20 of 20

Selvan is the near top of the tree he will sort it out if it is sortable so please give him a chance.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community