cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 31 of 43

Re: Total Protection Installer different for Laptop then PC can't chose custom Install

Thank you for your input. However that was the primary reason for Selvan to assist you, so that you could indeed do a 'Custom Install' and choose the features you initially wanted to install.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 32 of 43

Re: Total Protection Installer different for Laptop then PC can't chose custom Install

Selvan can provide you with the setup file that has custom install included. At least That is my understanding

rachele
Former Member
Message 33 of 43

Now I follow Chinthanai Selvan. Thanks for all your time and your support. it is appreciated. The ability to make custom installation would be appreciated by me. I am waiting for new information. Greetings

drawbars
Former Member
Message 34 of 43

This is coming late to the game, but I think I have an answer -- at least for McAfee Total Protection (MTP) in 4Q2017 (YMMV).

I was recently re-installing MTP on several computers, because an update somehow enabled Quick Clean automatically once per week on every machine.  I don't run Quick Clean very often, and couldn't figure out a way to get back to the config screen to disable the feature, except for a clean install.  (The schedule options appear the first time, then seem to disappear.)  I found that one of my PCs allowed me to custom install MTP, even choosing to NOT install Quick Clean.  The others did not:  they just performed a complete and fairly quiet installation without asking for any user input!  Why???

It turns out that I changed to Google Chrome from Mozilla Firefox on my 'main' system a couple of months ago, for unrelated reasons; the others still use Firefox.  If one downloads the installer through Chrome, the installer is the 'full' one, which asks for more information/choices, and also shows more status messages during the installation.  If one downloads the installer through Firefox, the result is the new, 'streamlined' version which simply performs a full installation with minimal user input.

I can't speak to whether any of this is intentional; however, it has been tested on three Windows 10 PCs.  I have not tried IE, Edge, or Safari, or any other available browser.

Regards,

-BW

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 35 of 43

That's interesting.   I'll leave it to the likes of ​ et alia to say whether or not that is the case, or simply a coincidence.

drawbars
Former Member
Message 36 of 43

I don't think it's coincidence.  I installed MTP multiple times using Firefox, uninstalling and running MCPR in between each install.  Each time, I got the full installation, with no opportunity to select modules.  Then I uninstalled it one more time, installed Chrome, and logged into McAfee through Chrome.  This time, I got the installation that asked whether I wanted a Full or Custom install.  I did the same thing one another PC, but only tried 1x with Firefox before switching to Chrome.  In summary:

PC #1:  1) Custom install via Chrome

PC #2:  1) Full install via Firefox, no choices offered

2) Uninstall and MCPR

3) Full install via Firefox, no choices offered

4) Uninstall and MCPR

5) Custom install via Chrome

PC #3:  1) Full install via Firefox, no choices offered

2) Uninstall and MCPR

3) Custom install via Chrome

If that's a coincidence, it's an astounding one! 

Regards,

-BW

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 37 of 43

Note: Removed out of Moderation Queue.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
Peacekeeper
Message 38 of 43

The quick clean is found in Privacy - remove cookies and trackers and schedule. Select do not schedule and run it manually if you want.That is the new blue interface in the old 1 it is in navigation.

I have installed 7 PCs with Livesafe in the past week and 5 with Firefox of these 4 popped up the new installer and 1 the old one. i think this happens depending on the sever being used. The other 2 were chrome browsers and did not give the old full installer but the new one.

Just my observations.

drawbars
Former Member
Message 39 of 43

Thanks.  I can find Quick Clean, no problem.  However, after it is run once, the Schedule and 'select areas to clean' (can't remember the exact title) sections disappear.  The Quick Clean section reverts to just a status of the last scan, and the scheduled date for the next scan.  I cannot find any way to modify or cancel the schedule.  The only way that I've found to get them back is to uninstall and reinstall MTP.

Just to be clear, I am not running LiveSafe; I am running McAfee Total Protection (MTP).

Peacekeeper
Message 40 of 43

New blue or old green interface?

That said have you selected done after the last run? That blocks details.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community