cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pcmor
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Total Protection 2018 installation issue

I recently renewed my subscription to Total Protection with the 2018 version onto my Windows 10 PC. I reached a point in the installation where it said it needed to remove the previous version of Total Protection, and then I received a prompt that I needed to restart to finish uninstalling the previous version and to continue installing the new version.

I did that, but nothing happened. I ran the virtual technician. It's telling me everything is OK. I found an article about using another program to complete the uninstall and ready the computer for installation of the new software. I did that, but I continue to get the same prompt about having to restart to complete the uninstall of the previous version. Whatever I do brings me back to the same prompt, and my new version still hasn't installed.

Has anyone encountered this problem and found a solution?

4 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Re: Total Protection 2018 installation issue

​;

Follow these instructions.  Uninstall Mcafee

MCPR tool.

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 5

Discussion successfully moved from Community Support to General Discussion

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
pcmor
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

I did everything as instructed but am still encountering the same issue. I'll try again, but so far no luck.

bunkie-4
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

I am having the same problems. I have bought the total protection 12 devices as myself and my children use it for laptops, ipads, and phones. It has installed problem free on their laptops & on our phones however wont install on my laptop.

when i begin to install it says to restart the laptop to finish uninstalling previous software, I do that and nothing happens after. I have followed all the online help, done all the steps it says but still no joy. 

I dont know what the problem seems to be as it has worked fine on their laptops. 

My laptop is windows 7 which is compatible with this version of mcafee. 

Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks 

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community