cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wrxpanos
Former Member
Message 31 of 37

Re: Total Protection 2010 "Your software is about to deactivate"

ok new to the forum i own 8 mcafee licences..

a month ago the problem started happenting but i was able to workaround it..

until suddenly on friday on my notebook i couldnt..

so i call for help and after 3 hour a clean up a clean mcafee install and a computer name change it was fixed..

but yesterday i got same problem on my main computer...i followed the same steps myself but nothing..after 4 hours of tech help computer was fixxed (dont know for how much time)..the intersting thing is that the remote assistant told me that it is a temporary problem with mcafee's licencing database and it is going to be fixxed.this is a major problem for me and since i own a large number of licences of many programs and i have such a problem with a software that is fine except from that and the second problem that i dont have the option to make program not to scan certain files,dont think i will renew my program any more...nice job mcafee..another happy client

wrxpanos
Former Member
Message 32 of 37

oh and by the way many times on differend ip adresses the program creates 2 different entries of the same computer so you have to activate-reactivate computers in order to be able to work ...after asking remote tech he told me that this should not happen....but it does(like they dont know it).if problems continue i will go for refund...

Message was edited by: wrxpanos on 1/10/11 1:27:31 AM CST
wrxpanos
Former Member
Message 33 of 37

Message was edited by: wrxpanos on 1/10/11 1:35:52 AM CST
JohnBrown
Former Member
Message 34 of 37

I've had the same problem today.  I run Win7 64 bit.  I used the McAfee 'chat' function to discuss with one of their people called Julius.  He gave no indication that others had had the same difficulty, and simply advised me to reinstal the software.  After following McAfee's e-mailed instructions, deleting the software, re-starting, downloading 100+MB of software and reinstalling, I was more than a bit irritated to have the same message 'Your Software is Deactivated' appear again.  I've asked for a refund of my licence fee.

What may be triggering the problem is that this is my second annual subscription to McAfee Internet Security.  My on-line McAfee account calls this Subscription 1 - and my first subscription it calls Subscription 2.  My account confirms that Subscription 1 has six months until it expires - but I suspect that the 'deactivated' message is triggered by the now-expired Subscrition 2.

aquarius
Former Member
Message 35 of 37

It might have been fixed. As of today - I

1. Made sure the second listing of the computer in my account page was deactivated

2. went to my account page and clicked to install the software (I did not uninstall McAfee before I did this)

3. Install began, the process removed McAfee first

4. Computer restart required

5. Opened internet, install continued (not sure if I had to open internet, it might have started again without me doing that)

6. McAfee now seems to be working correctly - and even better, the second lising of the computer is now gone from my account page. That never happened before, so something must have changed

JohnBrown
Former Member
Message 36 of 37

Well, something's definitely changed since yesterday. Yesterday 'My Account' listed two subscriptions - one that expired last July, and my current one.  It now only lists the current subscription.

I rebuilt my PC from scratch a month or so ago, so had to deactivate the licence assigned to it before I rebuilt it, and transfer the licence to the PC afterwards.  I didn't change the PC name when I rebuilt it.  So my subscription shows the same PC name twice - one listing as deactivated, and the other as reactivated.  I've just reversed the process (deactivated the reactivated PC name, and vice-versa).  I haven't done anything else, certainly not uninstalled and reinstalled the software, but the icon in my systray now reports that my computer is secure.  Hope this helps!

a_young240
Former Member
Message 37 of 37

Thank you. Deleting the browser history, cookies etc.  & Right-clicking the McAfee taskbar icon and selecting "Verify Subscription" worked for the time being anyways.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community